Redwings01

Looking for a competent suspension shop/central Ohio

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to add the Race Tech emulators and springs to my 2017 Kawasaki Voyager. The closest "Race Tech" authorized center is in Henderson, WV. I don't mind taking the trip down to WV, but if I can keep my business local, I'd like to. Any suspension shops in the central Ohio area that really know what the hell they are doing. Not looking for cheap, looking for extremely competent. Thanks!!

Don’t know of any shops. I can tell you I did race tech springs/fluid swap and added Gary’s fork brace to my 1700 Vaquero and the difference in handling was very noticeable. 

I was thinking about the brace since the forks will be off for the emulators/springs. Thanks for the reminder!

36 minutes ago, Redwings01 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to add the Race Tech emulators and springs to my 2017 Kawasaki Voyager. The closest "Race Tech" authorized center is in Henderson, WV. I don't mind taking the trip down to WV, but if I can keep my business local, I'd like to. Any suspension shops in the central Ohio area that really know what the hell they are doing. Not looking for cheap, looking for extremely competent. Thanks!!

I had the brace and went with 15 weight oil in the stock front suspension on my Voyager. I was super happy and drove the hell out of it in Twisties.

Might want to try that first if you are semi handy.

Race Tech calls for 20w oil, but that's with two additional holes drilled into the damper. The "Race Tech" dealer in Henderson quoted around 150 for the labor. That, to me, to take the front forks off and re-install is a steal. That's something I haven't done on any of my bikes. Really wish Kawi put some drain ports in the bottom of the fork and this would be easy-peesy, like my former Wing was!  I will look int that brace though.

No seals to replace for an oil swap. You will have to remove them any way. You remove the top cap before you take out the forks...hang them upside down and have a beer then fill them properly. There is only an o ring to pay attention to.

That said, now that I know the cost of your way...I would stick with your original plan.

I was just hoping to find someone local, but if not, I'm up for a nice ride down 33 or 35 to the WV border. I agree, the labor for this to me is a no brainer. 

I am curious to know how a Voyager rides with emulators. I was considering some Progressive springs all the way around would be a good enough improvement. A quality pair of shocks would be ideal, but there isn't squat in the aftermarket. 

This one is mine. It looks a lot like @Tonik's, but mine is better because it's mine. 

20191014_200235.jpg

• Haha 2

Thanks for the recommendation of 28 Motorsports!!! That is the BEST color for the Voyager. My 17 came in black and dark grey. I HATE any black vehicle as I'm way to over OCD about my vehicles. Yet, I have a black bike and a lack Jet Ski. Two things you should never own black!!

Pauly, I think Race Tech has some nice custom built rear shocks for the Voyager. I think they are in the 800 dollar range.

Edited by Redwings01
  • Thanks 1

Dope. I will be looking into this option. Thanks. 

28 motorsports, Ryan Kerr is a staple in the motorcycle world  and is out of Johnstown. he has done everything from my buddies  glide to my racebikes

5 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

28 motorsports, Ryan Kerr is a staple in the motorcycle world  and is out of Johnstown. he has done everything from my buddies  glide to my racebikes

Do they do anything with ECUs?

The Dyno Shop up in Powell is also a great option.

I stopped by 28 Motorsports the other day and met Ryan. Seems like a solid dude. My Voyager will be going to him. Also found out that he works on Kawasaki Jet Ski's. I just moved back from Florida so it's nice to know that my bike AND ski can go to the same guy. Ryan is 15 minutes away from me so I'm looking forward to getting my bike to him. Thanks for the heads up on a well regarded shop gentlemen!

• Upvote 1