Guess the new bike thread

Tpoppa

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

First real ride on the BMW this weekend. 

I haven't liked a bike this much...maybe ever :dunno:

Interested to see this play out.

the adventure/tour/sport bike seems like the perfect balance.

11 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I wanted to ride Tony's bike, but he thought he might have trouble reaching the shifter on mine. 

Riding wouldn't be an issue.  Maybe stopping though.

Keep that in mind if you go off road.  Plan your lines around dips and low spots.

My buddy in AL loved his R12R. So long as the surface was smooth around the corners he was loving it. Get some chop mid corner, or a little bit of gravel, he said it was like riding on ice. My 701E handled it great, but come the straight shots, he was gone.

12 minutes ago, Katoom said:

My buddy in AL loved his R12R. So long as the surface was smooth around the corners he was loving it. Get some chop mid corner, or a little bit of gravel, he said it was like riding on ice.

Never saw anything like that in any of the reviews. 

One of the things that stood out to me was how planted it feels.  The Dynamic Suspension does take a bit of the road feel away though.  Like some road imperfections get absorbed before you can feel them.    

Yeah, this wasn't a professional journalist, this was my buddy that has ridden sport bikes on roads like the Tail of the Dragon for over 20 years. Not talking the bike down at all, he loves the R12R and doesn't want a different bike. I am guessing it is just the difference you will have between pure street tires on a performance bike and 50/50 tires on a very big dirt bike. :)