Guess the new bike thread

Tpoppa

I've wanted an R1200R since BMW ditched the telelever front suspension and the boxer became water cooled in 2015.  They have real sport capability and is a legitimate cross country tourer.  The passenger accommodations are pretty good too, which is the only real reason I bought stupid cruisers in the first place.

This one has everything that I would have picked and more...

Keyless Ride

Dynamic Suspension

Cruise

Shift Assist

Tire Pressure Monitor

Heated Grips

BMW Touring Windscreen

Modes, modes, & modes

I you were BMW curious you should have rode mine this past summer. Paulie hated it but I kinda like it. It's not perfect but it does what I ask it to do. If they would put my bikes engine in Paulies bike with all of the wind protection his has I think I would have my perfect bike.

It's "Pauly" you Funcling Punk. 

I love the boxer. I never would have imagined it, but it is a great street bike. It might be the nicest bike I have ridden. It isn't Hyperstrada fast, but it can give it a good chase. It feels as light as the Hyper, though. The boxer engine is the main reason it handles so well. You can keep your race engine. I found another Eurotractor to keep me occupied for now. 

I think Tony's bike will surprise him. It will hustle if he can get comfortable with it. I got used to the GS quickly. I have ridden just over 1k miles and am already quite familiar and at ease with it. I am also one cool ass motherfucker, so that may have something to do with it. 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I you were BMW curious you should have rode mine this past summer. Paulie hated it but I kinda like it. It's not perfect but it does what I ask it to do. If they would put my bikes engine in Paulies bike with all of the wind protection his has I think I would have my perfect bike.

Your bike has too many cylinders.

The R1200R is the only one that checked all my boxes.  The R1200RT also got some consideration.  

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I love the boxer. I never would have imagined it, but it is a great street bike. It might be the nicest bike I have ridden. It isn't Hyperstrada fast, but it can give it a good chase. It feels as light as the Hyper, though. The boxer engine is the main reason it handles so well. You can keep your race engine. I found another Eurotractor to keep me occupied for now. 

I think Tony's bike will surprise him. It will hustle if he can get comfortable with it. I got used to the GS quickly. I have ridden just over 1k miles and am already quite familiar and at ease with it. I am also one cool ass motherfucker, so that may have something to do with it. 

When I burn off these Metzelers, I'm going to put on some Conti Trail Attack 3 (90/10) tires, that are suitable for gravel roads but not dirt.  

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

Okay Paulie don't get your panties in a twist.

The KTM Super Adventure is just as fast as my bike but it doesn't have enough cylinders so I find it nearly impossible to ride plus it doesn't have the wind protection the your bike has.

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Your bike has too many cylinders.

The R1200R is the only one that checked all my boxes.  The R1200RT also got some consideration.  

4 is the proper number of cylinders if you want to ride a motorcycle anything else is a scooter.

I could see you liking the RT but just for the same amount of time you are going to like the R.

I could own a RT if I did any amount of two up riding. She only rode with me one time last year and that was just a trick to get me to go to a dog show where one of her friends was showing for the first time.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

4 is the proper number of cylinders if you want to ride a motorcycle anything else is a scooter.

I could see you liking the RT but just for the same amount of time you are going to like the R.

My favorite motorcycles have always been sporty naked bikes with the chops to tour.

IMO, this BMW Roadster is the best of breed #nodogshow

And twin.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Grom

Ewww...gross 🤢

I think my Ninja 400 is everything that people like to pretend a grom is.  It's lightweight with excellent manners in a slightly under powered package.   

...But...it also has enough power to pass on the highway, and did really well on 1400 mile 3 day trip.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, Tpoppa said:

Ewww...gross 🤢

I think my Ninja 400 is everything that people like to pretend a grom is.  It's lightweight with excellent manners in a slightly under powered package.   

...But...it also has enough power to pass on the highway, and did really well on 1400 mile 3 day trip.

Ninja 400 is not equivalent to a Grom. Ninja is a real bike, Grom is a toy. That said I still want a Grom or Z125 😁