2020 Cleveland IMS

Tonik

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

When you thinking?

Ehh I dunno yet. Are you gonna go? We should coerce Brandon into going.  I need to find out when we're doing family stuff this weekend. 

9 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

I didn't make it last year.  Is it worth the trip for us mid staters?

Borderline call. It's winter, the only bike fix you may get for two+ more months. However nothing new or earth shattering. Same stuff you have already seen.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Custom earplugs... nice how do they feel?

He does not have his yet, he got the fancy ones with speakers so he has to wait.

I am surprised, they are WAY more comfortable than foam ones. I always found foam ones to have pressure points and be somewhat annoying. Not terrible and I always wore them but they annoyed me a bit 

These are almost not even there. They feel snug but it is a uniform snugness and not excessive. They also don't go as far into your ear as foam.

That said, I have not worn them for a full day yet.

They are far more effective, I just tried both. Got out on my helmet and fired up ICE Cubes Check Ya Self and music volume is down a bit but not a lot. I was never running music at full volume so I am not worried about that, I have room to turn it up.

If you are full blast now you may want to go the route that John did.

Got mine for free cuz I got that ear plug law changed.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Are the fancy ones wired or Bluetooth?

Your choice. Wired have wire options for whatever you plug them into. I believe John got the wire ones to plug into his Sena. That makes sense to me. Don't need another thing to charge.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Your choice. Wired have wire options for whatever you plug them into. I believe John got the wire ones to plug into his Sena. That makes sense to me. Don't need another thing to charge.

Yeah, that would be the most practical. I think that is how @Blitz does his earbuds. 

Edited by Pauly

On 1/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, Tonik said:

Borderline call. It's winter, the only bike fix you may get for two+ more months. However nothing new or earth shattering. Same stuff you have already seen.

I never made it.  I have a certification test to take tomorrow afternoon so I decided to study instead of logging four hours on the road.   Plus all of you fuckers are going to get snake flu now from the Taiwanese dudes that sell shit at those conventions.

image.jpeg.4f601a12316b1204ec0cc136abfd9d4f.jpeg

LMAO

Edited by Wojo72
Stupidity
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Pauly said:

Yeah, that would be the most practical. I think that is how @Blitz does his earbuds. 

Yeah, I have my foam earbuds wired through my helmet and attached to my SENA. The SENA doesn't have an output to bluetooth. So to make wireless work, I'd have to have a 3.5" jack transmitter attached to the SENA output and the wireless earbuds bluetooth connected to the transmitter. And then, none of the voice commands would work.

SENA doesn't have a good option for wireless earbuds....which  makes no sense to me. That is, unless they have a new product.

I'll have to check out those full ear foam buds. I've considered them before. Will await your review @Tonik

Sort of on-topic... I ordered a set of EarPeace plugs a few weeks ago. I have been using them primarily for louder work sites and they are pretty good for noise control and they are comfortable. 

I do not use buds, anymore. My helmet has Sena built into it and I can charge while I ride if necessary. The speakers could be a little louder, but the Voyager and GS have quiet cockpits. I can hear Waze just fine. I just wanted some more clarity in my tunes. I am hoping the way these plugs let lower decibels through means I can turn down the speakers and get a little better sound, but it is never warm when I am home. Gonna hafta wait until spring. 

https://www.earpeace.com/

Edited by Pauly

14 hours ago, Pauly said:

Sort of on-topic... I ordered a set of EarPeace plugs a few weeks ago. I have been using them primarily for louder work sites and they are pretty good for noise control and they are comfortable. 

I do not use buds, anymore. My helmet has Sena built into it and I can charge while I ride if necessary. The speakers could be a little louder, but the Voyager and GS have quiet cockpits. I can hear Waze just fine. I just wanted some more clarity in my tunes. I am hoping the way these plugs let lower decibels through means I can turn down the speakers and get a little better sound, but it is never warm when I am home. Gonna hafta wait until spring. 

https://www.earpeace.com/

I’ve been using the earpeace sets for a few years now and I’m happy with them. Never really messed with changing the inserts that much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 9:24 AM, Tonik said:

He does not have his yet, he got the fancy ones with speakers so he has to wait.

I am surprised, they are WAY more comfortable than foam ones. I always found foam ones to have pressure points and be somewhat annoying. Not terrible and I always wore them but they annoyed me a bit 

These are almost not even there. They feel snug but it is a uniform snugness and not excessive. They also don't go as far into your ear as foam.

That said, I have not worn them for a full day yet.

They are far more effective, I just tried both. Got out on my helmet and fired up ICE Cubes Check Ya Self and music volume is down a bit but not a lot. I was never running music at full volume so I am not worried about that, I have room to turn it up.

If you are full blast now you may want to go the route that John did.

Got mine for free cuz I got that ear plug law changed.

I received the InEarz ear plugs with speakers. The last few days I had a chance to ride on the highway over 90 MPH and on the back roads, these are very impressive. They conform to my ears extremely well and are very comfortable. The ear plugs block the majority of wind noise and the speakers are truly amazing. I have always enjoyed merging my obsessions of music and riding, in the 80's I had to use earbuds and bulky Sony Walkman's and AM/FM players with buttons to change channels quickly to avoid the commercials. Of course I lost a couple of Walkmans flying off my belt on the highway. In the 90's I upgraded to MP3 players with earbuds. With all these earbuds they would pop out of your ears if you turned your head wrong. Then the holy grail came can down from the heavens in 2010, the Sena arrived. No more earbuds, pretty good sound and you could change songs with a turn of the wheel. BUT, the sound wasn't that loud, even after I upgraded to aftermarket IASUS speakers. The InEarz ear plugs with speakers are so loud I barely turn the volume up and the sound clarity is good.These are such an improvement over the Sena speakers there is no comparison. JMHO!  

Inaerz1.jpg

Inearz2unnamed.jpg

Inearz3.jpg

Edited by ricer1
  • Beer 2