Returning Ohioan

Katoom

Hello all,

Been away from Ohio for a long time. Moved into the Columbus area, but still house hunting.

Once we get settled I will be looking at hopefully some track time, some dirt trails, and maybe a ride down to GA for the big BDR event in May.

I enjoy most vehicles with two wheels and a motor. My current ride is my KTM 1290 Super Adventure R. Only used the R on a few trails, mostly just using the Super. :)

Keep the shiny side up. :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  I quit riding because of KTM/ Brembo problems resulting in a bunch of broken bones, helicopter ride, hospital stay, rehab, etc.  Make sure you get proof that those recalls are actually done.  Sorry for the negative man. Lots of good folks on here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jschaf said:

Welcome to the forum.  I quit riding because of KTM/ Brembo problems resulting in a bunch of broken bones, helicopter ride, hospital stay, rehab, etc.  Make sure you get proof that those recalls are actually done.  Sorry for the negative man. Lots of good folks on here.

Yeah, I had a problem with the Husqvarna with the front brakes. The bike had a bad ABS module, and I had a horrible service work on the bike. Took them over 60 days to repair it. I should of started the lemon law process sooner than I did. I would have a new bike, or no payment...

19 hours ago, Connie14 said:

:welcomeor:

There's some good dirt riding at Wayne National Forest and Perry State Forest. 

Yo Mike - Kieth works /w me... You should take him under your wing... Get it... Wing.. As in gold wing :D 

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

Wait, what did I miss. Is the Connie gone and you have joined the elites that have Wings?

I picked up a first gen gl1800, so I could take my daughters for a ride through the mountains to the OBX.  I am really liking the Wing.   It is more nimble than I expected. 

I can't part with the Connie.   If I sell a bike, it will be the FZ1.  I am not sure if I am going to sell it or not. I need more garage space, but I like them all. 

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Katom. I just relocated myself back to Columbus. Was living in Florida for 5 years. I guess the year round riding and beaches was not to my liking. Wtf was I thinking:)? Anyways, DO NOT sell that Connie. As soon as I moved down to FL, I sold my 2014 Connie that I had just ridden down because I wanted something more "Adventure touring". Regretted it as soon as the guy loaded it on the trailer and took it away!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I had one of the original 08 Connies. Was a great bike, but medical bills and such required it being sold. Now riding the big 1290 Super Adventure R. Not as stable through the corners on a 21" front wheel with knobbies, but still a blast to ride.

4 hours ago, Katoom said:

I had one of the original 08 Connies. Was a great bike, but medical bills and such required it being sold. Now riding the big 1290 Super Adventure R. Not as stable through the corners on a 21" front wheel with knobbies, but still a blast to ride.

Sounds like more big bike Adventure Riders in the house now.

A few more and we might get a thread back for ride planning/sharing.

2020 should be a great year for dirty activity. I hope.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Katoom said:

Go riding with your coworker and I on Sunday.  He hasn't committed yet, but it will be a nice day to ride. 

I would love to, but I am out of town until around 3-4 at the earliest Sunday, which is late to start a ride. This will be the last time I make this trip out of town for a while, so definitely keep me in mind for upcoming rides.

Edited by Katoom

17 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Go riding with your coworker and I on Sunday.  He hasn't committed yet, but it will be a nice day to ride. 

Well, I have a baby shower to go to at 2:30 sunday for my neighbor. Might be able to do something little though..... Have to play it by ear.

4 hours ago, Katoom said:

I would love to, but I am out of town until around 3-4 at the earliest Sunday, which is late to start a ride. This will be the last time I make this trip out of town for a while, so definitely keep me in mind for upcoming rides.

Excuses... Psh... 

• 3 months later...