Tuesday, Jan 14 Ride

Pauly

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Blitz said:

I have access to a 650 Vstrom, whenever I would like.....if some ADV riding becomes commonplace around here.

The GS will be better off-road than I am. I have been thinking about doing the TransOhioTrail this (or next) season. I want to use up these Anakee 3 stockers before I go knobby. 

I also considered doing the TOT on the Hyper.. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The GS will be better off-road than I am. I have been thinking about doing the TransOhioTrail this (or next) season. I want to use up these Anakee 3 stockers before I go knobby. 

I've ridden about 75% of the TOT.  It's mostly gravel with a bit of dirt.  It's a good route to learn to ride in gravel.  Only a couple sections are challenging.  

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

Pauly, Give me a shout out if you want to ride some ADV stuff with someone down below I70 in Ohio/KY/WV/Va

I prefer the gravel a day after a rain day, keeps the dust down and provides more feedback in the front end, IMHO

Also learning to ride gravel and two track with a (90/10 ) Tire like your Ank3's will get you use to the bike moving around under you and you will understand that momentum is your close friend. Then again you have all the electric rider aides on that bad boy so get your KLIM power ranger gear, Ride standing the fuck up and learn the BMW stare.😉

PS You will lose big time BMW/KTM Points if seen riding with Suzuki V-Strom bikes.

Good Luck, B.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

Pauly, Give me a shout out if you want to ride some ADV stuff with someone down below I70 in Ohio/KY/WV/Va

I prefer the gravel a day after a rain day, keeps the dust down and provides more feedback in the front end, IMHO

Also learning to ride gravel and two track with a (90/10 ) Tire like your Ank3's will get you use to the bike moving around under you and you will understand that momentum is your close friend. Then again you have all the electric rider aides on that bad boy so get your KLIM power ranger gear, Ride standing the fuck up and learn the BMW stare.😉

PS You will lose big time BMW/KTM Points if seen riding with Suzuki V-Strom bikes.

Good Luck, B.

Boy, are you gonna be sorry you put this online. I appreciate that more than you'll wish you knew. I will be in touch.