Tpoppa

Who can transport a motorcycle from Detroit to Cleveland?

Winter boredom has me looking at motorcycles online & I'm considering buying a bike that's located near Detroit.  I'm not counting on January weather being nice enough to ride it home.

Know anyone local that can transport a motorcycle in an enclosed trailer about 110 miles?

Not looking for a favor.  I'm willing to pay someone who can transport a motorcycle without damaging it.

Edited by Tpoppa

@UHaul

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

What!? The wing cant do this?

Not in January it doesn't.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Does the Lincoln have a hitch?

It doesn't.

I can't be much help then. You can use my trailer, if you can get a tow vehicle you'll be all set.

The trailer is a little less than eight miles from your house so if you come up with something text me if you need it since I don't check in here as regular as I used to.

I'm with Jim (never thought I'd say that...but his suggestion seems sensible) and would go with the cheaper option of a U-Haul pickup or small box truck/moving van.  Could prolly be rented for less than hiring a company to move it, and you get to make sure the tie-down arrangement is secure.

12 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

I can't be much help then. You can use my trailer, if you can get a tow vehicle you'll be all set.

The trailer is a little less than eight miles from your house so if you come up with something text me if you need it since I don't check in here as regular as I used to.

Appreciate that you'd be willing to let me use your trailer, but I don't have a suitable tow vehicle. 

FYI: Feb '19 I went the U-Haul route & rented their dedicated motorcycle trailer going to fetch my 1200 Multistrada 180 miles away.  Total cost was less than $30 for the day.  Crappy day that had me wishing I would've rented a fully enclosed trailer, but w/ the 50-60 mph headwinds blowing s**w & the road crew salting the roadways, it was nothing $5 at the local car wash didn't remedy...

36 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I'm with Jim (never thought I'd say that...but his suggestion seems sensible) and would go with the cheaper option of a U-Haul pickup or small box truck/moving van.  Could prolly be rented for less than hiring a company to move it, and you get to make sure the tie-down arrangement is secure.

I'd rather have it in a suitable trailer that is already setup for motorcycles, with a wheel chock, etc.

54 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I brought a broke one back from Canada in the small box truck. Wheel against the nose, two 2 x 4 screwed into the floor on each side of the wheel and 4 tie downs. Big heavy bike, 600 miles or so it never moved.

Packed the screw holes with dirt and turned it in.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1