Motorcycle Title Question

Wojo72

So I found a bike that will work for the wife.  I asked the seller about the title.  It's notarized but not in his name.  From a quick read it appears that this technically isn't legal.   It's not an expensive ride but I don't need the headaches.

Buy or Pass?

Edited by Wojo72

I bought an F4i that way and had no issues. If you’re going to go for it just be sure the VIN is good. I bought the F4i from a kid who was just flipping the bike and he was avoiding paying tax. 

Just following up on this in case anybody is curious.   I went back and read the posting for the sale.  In the original posting he very clearly stated that he had clear OH title in his name.  He said that he would get it cleared up but I didn't hear back from him so I am going to hard pass just because it's not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.    Fuck it...the wife is getting a coffee maker and some socks for Christmas.  I'll keep looking for the right deal.

1 hour ago, Wojo72 said:

Just following up on this in case anybody is curious.   I went back and read the posting for the sale.  In the original posting he very clearly stated that he had clear OH title in his name.  He said that he would get it cleared up but I didn't hear back from him so I am going to hard pass just because it's not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.    Fuck it...the wife is getting a coffee maker and some socks for Christmas.  I'll keep looking for the right deal.

Fucker got me so irritated that I used the word "clear" three times in the same paragraph.