Anyone else order one?

Tonik

7 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Cybertruck is way uglier than a burrito.

But have you considered how many burritos you can haul in the CyberTruck. Plus if you get the camper version it has a stove and oven that run off the battery to keep them warm.

25 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Cybertruck is way uglier than a burrito.

There are lots of things uglier in this world than a burrito.

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

But have you considered how many burritos you can haul in the CyberTruck. Plus if you get the camper version it has a stove and oven that run off the battery to keep them warm.

But what if I have to pick those burritos up and they are 501 miles away?

Edited by TimTheAzn

8 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

That is a good point. I wonder if the engineers at Tesla have considered powering their vehicles with burritos. That way, if you went to pick up burritos 501 miles away, you could make it home using CSCE (concentrated sour cream energy). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You would stop at one of the many recharge stations along the way for 15 minutes. Eat a few burritos and be on your way.

17 hours ago, Tonik said:

You would stop at one of the many recharge stations along the way for 15 minutes. Eat a few burritos and be on your way.

I can gas up in 6 min. Over the course of a long road trip I could be sitting at a charging station for a significant portion of time. Nope.

42 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I can gas up in 6 min. Over the course of a long road trip I could be sitting at a charging station for a significant portion of time. Nope.

How many burritos can you eat in six minutes?

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

How many burritos can you eat in six minutes?

This obviously depends on the the size of said burritos. We don't have enough info to form a hypothesis. If your going to ask such insane questions with out the information needed to answer them you can just remove yourself from our Burrito thread. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

IMO, we are 10 years away from all-electric vehicles being a viable option for a meaningful number of drivers.

Battery technology is getting there, but they need to store more power and become much smaller & lighter.  Recharge times are the real deal breaker.  Infrastructure is going to need to evolve differently.  Charging "gas stations" are never going to work for a large number of drivers.

Charging stations in the parking lots of grocery stores, etc would work  a bit better...but, scrap the whole charging station idea and move to hot swappable batteries.   Batteries sizes should be standardized across vehicles, and the vehicles need to be designed for easy battery access.  10 years away...at least.

OTOH, we are living in the golden age of burritos.

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

This obviously depends on the the size of said burritos. We don't have enough info to form a hypothesis. If your going to ask such insane questions with out the information needed to answer them you can just remove yourself from our Burrito thread. 

Don't you have a track thread to shit on?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

IMO, we are 10 years away from all-electric vehicles being a viable option for a meaningful number of drivers.

Battery technology is getting there, but they need to store more power and become much smaller & lighter.  Recharge times are the real deal breaker.  Infrastructure is going to need to evolve differently.  Charging "gas stations" are never going to work for a large number of drivers.

Charging stations in the parking lots of grocery stores, etc would work  a bit better...but, scrap the whole charging station idea and move to hot swappable batteries.   Batteries sizes should be standardized across vehicles, and the vehicles need to be designed for easy battery access.  10 years away...at least.

That's about the timeline I'm thinking as well. 7-10 years before things really start to change.

Here's a good video about what a high density, cheap, safe battery could do for, well, pretty much every aspect of every day life. 

But nevermind that, here's the real issue we should be tackling as a one-world government. Mega-Burrito construction and distribution.

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I think you are pessimistic. As the second vehicle used primarily for commute and errands they have been viable for several years already, if you have a home where you can install a charger. Just purchased a used BMW i3 this summer that fits that use and I am loving it. 

As a primary vehicle cars like the Model 3 are viable now though the infrastructure is barely there outside of EU and Cal. With 300 mile range thats 4 hrs on the highway. Many people seldom take trips that long, for those that do its less convenient on the trips but doable. For the rest of the time EVs are more convenient, as you dont stop to fuel, there's less maintenance and it costs less per mile. Plus quieter and often quicker. 

Cost parity is still a few years aways away but that i looking like less than 10 as Tesla's truck is very comparable to F150 despite it being ugly as sin. And its changing rapidly. In the last 18 months our office has went from 0 to 4 EVs in the parking lot (about 60 employees). That is in very EV unfriendly Ohio. States like PA, and CO are seeing much more. 

1 hour ago, what said:

That's about the timeline I'm thinking as well. 7-10 years before things really start to change.

Here's a good video about what a high density, cheap, safe battery could do for, well, pretty much every aspect of every day life. 

But nevermind that, here's the real issue we should be tackling as a one-world government. Mega-Burrito construction and distribution.

I agree with your statement that EV's will be mainstream viable in 7-10 years. I can't use a Tesla as a business vehicle due to the range. I drive to an account in Canada and it's a 320 miles away. I leave at 6:30AM and arrive before 11:30AM for lunch. During the winter the Tesla range will be reduced due to the cold, we can argue the amount, but let's say 10% (I have read 20%). I can't make it to my destination and I am not getting up earlier in the morning to save the planet and find a charging station, hoping nobody else is in line. EV's will take hold when the range gets to 500 miles (Less in the cold) because the number of components in an EV are way less than an ICE vehicle, reducing the cost of assembly. Also, EV's have to be produced by auto companies even if they don't make money because of government CAFE standards. Tesla has been in business for 16 years and hasn't come close to making a profit on an annual basis, they are no longer a start up. Tesla made money last quarter and sold less vehicles I will will be curious if they can continue making a profit in future quarters.