Let's help a brotha out.(EDIT: FUND RAISER ENDED)

2talltim

For those that are following Dan (Danimal) and his big trip in South America know today while visiting Machu Picchu he dropped his good digital camera and it broke. He is now without a camera other than his little iphone. Dan's camera has been our window into his world and journey and I personally have enjoyed every damn post of it. Dan said he doesn't have it in his budget to replace the camera so im going to try and do a little fund raiser. I'd like to gather the funds via friends and followers and send it to him via paypal so he can source and purchase a new camera while on the the road.

If anyone wants to contribute to Dan's camera replacement fund I'm going to head it up. Send paypal funds of any size to.....

EDIT:    PAYPAL EMAIL REMOVED BECAUSE FUND RAISER IS OVER.....RESULTS WILL BE POSTED BELOW.

.....and I'll be sure dan receives every dime. I'm also going to do some coordination with various web sites and forums very soon and make this more formal/official. Please include any well wishes and or comments in the donations and i'll be sure you get credit for your contribution. 
Please sent funds via paypal freinds and family so we incur no fees or charges. Or if you wish you can send fund to me personally and ill be sure to include them in the transfer.

Lets get the big guy a new way to show us the world! 

Edited by 2talltim

• 2talltim pinned and featured this topic

I know not getting any post here but there is lots of love coming in from the O.R. folks. Keep it coming. Not sure how much he will need for the camera purchase but anything extra will obviously go into the trip as well. 

Thanks to all those that have already donated!!

Okay folks first of all I want to say between here, FB and ADV Rider we have had a overwhelming response to this call out. I want to thank everyone that has donated you have truley out done yourselves. This whole paypal thing has made it so easy.  I'm happy to say we have more than over passed my initial goal and amount of money i think Dan will need to replace his camera. At this point I'm just going to leave it open for continued donations till tomorrow(11/24) evening maybe around 8pm.  And all the fund that go over what is needed for his camera replacement will simply go towards and other expenses and thing associated with his trip as a whole. So anyone else that still wishes to contribute by all means your generosity will find it's place during Dan's journey. So tomorrow evening I'll post a list of all the donors so they can be thanked and recognized(won't post how much for each individual) but I will post the total once I have sent it all to Dan. Thanks again y'all !

• Upvote 1

Got to donor list compiled that I'll send to Dan. List is in the order that the donations came in and dollar amounts have been hidden from public but Dan will know who gave what. I have also included any comment that came along with each donation.  I'm going only going to post this here for now and leave the door open for more to donate till later this evening then compile the final list that I'll send to Dan with the monies. 

Huge thanks to everyone that had given so far. This has been fun and overwhelming all at the same time for me personally. I'll post the total later too. 

Andrew Schaffnit  (What on OhioRiders)               $xx... Dan camera $$ 

Rick Durkovic (Durk on Ohioriders)                   $xx... For Danimal 

Stephen Curry (SCurry0 on ADV Rider )                $xx... Dan in Peru 

Rick Nickoson (Justins dad on Ohioriders)            $xx...  

Justin Nickoson (JustinNck1 on Ohioriders            $xx...  

Raouf Wilson (facebook (i think))                    $xx... Thanks for taking up the cause for Dan 

Paul VanMeter (Pauly on Ohioriders)                  $xx..  Dan is weird

Brian Taylor (Whaler on Ohioriders)                  $xx...  Thanks for organizing and making this happen! 

Robert Kern (Wahoo on Ohioriders & ADV)              $xx...  Just tell Dan to “Ride On” 

request to be anonymous (adv rider)                            $xx... For Dan 

William J. Hagen (Wilddoktor on ADV (I think)        $xx.... For Ohio_Dannimal's camera! 😊 

Charles Hampe (Champe on ADV)                        $xx...  for danimal's new camera. or trip expenses. Keep up the good work !  

Joel Conley (marlboro man on Ohioriders)             $xx...  Dan Don’t use $ on balls 

Barry Smoloff (Facebook)                             $xx... For Dan B. 

Kerry May (Facebook)                                 $xx... Glad to help Dan with his Camera 

Andy Foster (blue72beetle on Ohioriders & ADV)       $xx... For Dan’s camera 

Chris Shoop (Shoop on Ohioriders)                    $xx... For Dan 

B-MAC(B-Mac on Ohioriders)                   $xx... For Dan 

Todd Bogner (MidgetTodd on Ohioriders)               $xx... Hopefully my donation goes towards hookers and blow to help unwind one evening in a shady village  

Michael Barsky (HandCanonShootr on ADV)              $xx... For Dan's Camera Fund Thx for setting this up. pls include/suggest a lanyard-system with new camera! 

Nivin Haroon (NinjaDoc on Ohioriders)                $xx... Thanks for doing this, hope this helps. 

Peter Shiller (PeteS on ADV)                         $xx...  Towards one glass door, or another day on the road, however Dan wants to look at it.

David Mayher (Facebook)                              $xx...  Forever two wheels, Safe Travels, Thanks for sharing Your Adventure. Louise Mayher, David Mayher

Shawn Detty (Maxpower on Ohioriders & ADV)        $xx...   Bubbys helping bubbys

James Spencer (                )                                   $xx... For danimal from friend and fellow motorcyclist jimjim.

Timothy Adkins (2talltim on Ohioriders & ADV)                  $xx... More pics of the "Fucking Race" bike please, your ugly mug too. :)   

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Sorry i didn't make the connection...all fixed now. Thanks again for your support.  

No need to be sorry. I don’t know how you’d make the connection. I forgot it was in my wife’s name. 

20 hours ago, 2talltim said:

. Andrew Schaffnit  (What on OhioRiders)               $xx... Dan camera $$ 

Rick Durkovic (Durk on Ohioriders)                   $xx... For Danimal 

Stephen Curry (SCurry0 on ADV Rider )                $xx... Dan in Peru 

Rick Nickoson (Justins dad on Ohioriders)            $xx...  

Justin Nickoson (JustinNck1 on Ohioriders            $xx...  

Raouf Wilson (facebook (i think))                    $xx... Thanks for taking up the cause for Dan 

Paul VanMeter (Pauly on Ohioriders)                  $xx..  Dan is weird

Brian Taylor (Whaler on Ohioriders)                  $xx...  Thanks for organizing and making this happen! 

Robert Kern (Wahoo on Ohioriders & ADV)              $xx...  Just tell Dan to “Ride On” 

request to be anonymous (adv rider)                       $xx... For Dan 

William J. Hagen (Wilddoktor on ADV (I think)        $xx.... For Ohio_Dannimal's camera! 😊 

Charles Hampe (Champe on ADV)                        $xx...  for danimal's new camera. or trip expenses. Keep up the good work !  

Joel Conley (marlboro man on Ohioriders)             $xx...  Dan Don’t use $ on balls 

Barry Smoloff (Facebook)                             $xx... For Dan B. 

Kerry May (Facebook)                                 $xx... Glad to help Dan with his Camera 

Andy Foster (blue72beetle on Ohioriders & ADV)       $xx... For Dan’s camera 

Chris Shoop (Shoop on Ohioriders)                    $xx... For Dan 

B-MAC(B-Mac on Ohioriders)                   $xx... For Dan 

Todd Bogner (MidgetTodd on Ohioriders)               $xx... Hopefully my donation goes towards hookers and blow to help unwind one evening in a shady village  

Michael Barsky (HandCanonShootr on ADV)              $xx... For Dan's Camera Fund Thx for setting this up. pls include/suggest a lanyard-system with new camera! 

Nivin Haroon (NinjaDoc on Ohioriders)                $xx... Thanks for doing this, hope this helps. 

Peter Shiller (PeteS on ADV)                         $xx...  Towards one glass door, or another day on the road, however Dan wants to look at it.

David Mayher (Facebook)                              $xx...  Forever two wheels, Safe Travels, Thanks for sharing Your Adventure. Louise Mayher, David Mayher

Shawn Detty (Maxpower on Ohioriders & ADV)        $xx...   Bubbys helping bubbys

James Spencer (                )                                   $xx... For danimal from friend and fellow motorcyclist jimjim.

Timothy Adkins (2talltim on Ohioriders & ADV)                  $xx... More pics of the "Fucking Race" bike please, your ugly mug too. :)   

Okay folk this list is current and the fund raiser is over. Like I said before we got a overwhelming response and have raised......

$950.....for Dan to replace his camera, help cover the glass door he broke at the Hostel last week and the rest will just buy him more days on the roads or for future unforseen things. I have sent the money to Dan and currently awaiting his initial reply to it. It was far more than I thought we would get so I'm sure he's shocked right now. 

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP A MASSIVE SERVINGS OF GENEROSITY, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Edited by 2talltim

• 2talltim unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Was gone all weekend at my father-in-laws funeral events and I just saw this thread. I missed the donation window, but wanted to say the OR really stepped up for Danimal. GREAT JOB!

Missed the window also as I'm seldom on the computer on the weekend. But I have definitely been following your post here and on ADVrider and wish you the best on your travel. Great of time to set this up. I know you will make good use of the resources. Keep up the blog, we are all enjoying your travels immensely.