New Honda CBR

what

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

I can see the upside on slabbing to and from a twistie ride. I’d enjoy having it but wouldn’t be as much a need as it would on a sport tour

I see the upside, but can overlook the absence of cruise on a weekend carver, but no modern bike with "touring" in mind should be without cruise control. 

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Something like 90% of sportbikes will never see a closed circuit.   The only street bikes I could make a case for not having cruise are those specifically geared for new riders.

The $15,999 CTX1300 (touring bagger) not having Cruise Control is straight up retarded.

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are manufacturer cruise control outside influences. Insurance rates?

A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Strasbourg in France has revealed that cruise control lengthens drivers' reaction times to emergencies by an average of once second. 

I know my reaction time is slower just because I am used to rolling off throttle to slow down. I just started leaving myself more room to make adjustments. No need for emergency maneuvers if you don't create a nesting ground for an emergency. I know this isn't fail proof, but it certainly decreases opportunity. 

I rode for a decade without cruise and it was probably a good thing. I cannot say with certainty that it would have invited chaos, but I did rearend a parked car on the Blue Ridge. I am kind of dumb sometimes. Not sure "new rider" should take credit for the outcomes caused by "dumb human". 

17 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Attitude indicator! get out of town @Tonik'sGoldwing

image.png.b51f8cae677b7e1224b1ab6dde8873db.png

yeah, that's going to cause so many people to lowside pushing the magic 65 degrees of lean MM can do when he uses his knee and elbow to hold shit off the ground. 

5 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

If priced right It’s gonna be a sweet bike for the streets. 

or even this if considering occasional track duty 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/11/05/2020-aprilia-rs-660-first-look-10-fast-facts/

13 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

If priced right It’s gonna be a sweet bike for the streets. 

or even this if considering occasional track duty 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/11/05/2020-aprilia-rs-660-first-look-10-fast-facts/

Nivin, chill. Just get an already setup sv650 if you want a dedicated track bike for the occasional track day. You'll save money. If you really want to spend money, buy an sv and give me the difference of what you paid for that vs. what you would've paid for that Ape 660 LOL.

Aprilia 660... no reason to not just get any of the modern 600's. They make more power and are way less of an investment. 

Unless of course you're racing in the lightweight twins class and want an extra 10 or so horsepower over your competition. 

29 minutes ago, what said:

Unless of course you're racing in the lightweight twins class and want an extra 10 or so horsepower over your competition. 

Still, there will be no info out there on how to properly set it up for the first year at least. Maybe longer if no one fast actually buys and develops them. Aftermarket parks will be few and far between and spares even more sparse...

The things most racers need will not be available to your "average" racer.

I bet I'll see one though, but almost guarantee it'll be some rich dude that isnt very fast anyway, just likes having the newest stuff to say he has the newest stuff. SV's and FZ's will still make up most of the grids.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

No way I am buying it new so no worries,  hehe only reason I had my eye on it was because of the safety package it carries. Not many small bikes coming out with that these days except this and duke. And not yet committed to track only state :) at best I see is 4-5 track days a season that’s it. So no dedicated bike trailer warmer generator  package yet :D 

9 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

No way I am buying it new so no worries,  hehe only reason I had my eye on it was because of the safety package it carries. Not many small bikes coming out with that these days except this and duke. And not yet committed to track only state :) at best I see is 4-5 track days a season that’s it. So no dedicated bike trailer warmer generator  package yet :D 

Dont need a genny, you can run street tires and be fine all the way up to A group. It's actually better that newer riders not ride on slicks as you have to run a certain pace to keep heat in that tire. Something I'm thinking about when I'm rolling around in a group other than Advanced.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Still, there will be no info out there on how to properly set it up for the first year at least. Maybe longer if no one fast actually buys and develops them. Aftermarket parks will be few and far between and spares even more sparse...

I bet I'll see one though, but almost guarantee it'll be some rich dude that isnt very fast anyway, just likes having the newest stuff to say he has the newest stuff. SV's and FZ's will still make up most of the grids.

Some well funded team will buy one and make one-off parts for it just for the horsepower advantage. Even with a basic setup (exhaust, tune, thin head gasket) you'll probably see 10 more horsepower than FZ07/SV650 full builds. 

33 minutes ago, what said:

Some well funded team will buy one and make one-off parts for it just for the horsepower advantage. Even with a basic setup (exhaust, tune, thin head gasket) you'll probably see 10 more horsepower than FZ07/SV650 full builds. 

Maybe a MA team at best.

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

WTF dude, it's been a while where did you pick up all this knowledge?

56 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

WTF dude, it's been a while where did you pick up all this knowledge?

I've been at the place most of you guys apparently hate. The track doing trackdays and some racing. :lol:

I hope you're doing well. I'd like to say I'm 1000x the rider I was the last time we rode together.

7A21D40A-6455-4B31-BA52-0B98ECB8A653.jpeg

980A9D28-C655-4EDD-9D8C-0EA284BCCFDD.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn

23 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I've been at the place most of you guys apparently hate. The track doing trackdays and some racing. :lol:

I hope you're doing well. I'd like to say I'm 1000x the rider I was the last time we rode together.

7A21D40A-6455-4B31-BA52-0B98ECB8A653.jpeg

980A9D28-C655-4EDD-9D8C-0EA284BCCFDD.jpeg

I don't hate the track. The only reason I am a skilled rider is because of being on a track. It was an invaluable tool in my progression of being a safe long term rider. Like most people that no longer go to school after they graduate but still use the education I don't feel the need to visit the track after I achieved the level of competency I was seeking. I no longer enjoy making the sacrifice needed to make it to a track. I ride when convenient and the weather is good. Just like an education I spent more money riding on a track than I have ever spent riding on the street and no longer wish to expose myself to those liabilities. 

If I can recall correctly the last time we rode together I ended up having a long conversation with a LEO because of your shenanigans.

I bet you would send people home or away from a group ride now if they weren't ready too, you fucking meanie.

Edited by Uncle Punk
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1