New Honda CBR

what

I can memorize turns also and keep riding the same ones over and over again and be 1000x beter at them in due time too.

On the street you have to be able to adapt to ever changing conditions. And have to leave some talent on the table for those unexpected moments. Always scanning always on alert to the ever changing conditions,terrain and obstacles.

The track you go out into a mostly controlled environment. Things seldom chage and all you have to do it hit your marks and improve your line and work on being faster.

Two totally differnt skill sets in my option. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I can memorize turns also and keep riding the same ones over and over again and be 1000x beter at them in due time too.

On the street you have to be able to adapt to ever changing conditions. And have to leave some talent on the table for those unexpected moments. Always scanning always on alert to the ever changing conditions,terrain and obstacles.

The track you go out into a mostly controlled environment. Things seldom chage and all you have to do it hit your marks and improve your line and work on being faster.

So true.  It was a big moment for me when I got the bump to intermediate group on 536.  I'm 100% in A group for 800 though.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You are forgetting about the 20+ other riders vying for that same corner at the same time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pauly said:

You are forgetting about the 20+ other riders vying for that same corner at the same time. 

Yeah when you actually "racing" at the track that's a different beast all together.Even then I think you have basic respect of the other riders around you that got the same training and experiences in the same control environments.  But usually you are not dealing with that just doing track days in general.  

Not trying to take anything away anyone just saying the comparison we do street vs track I dumb. 

Tim you need to come try racing minis with us :) 

Cheaper and less risk than racing big bikes but still the same concept. May change your perspective a bit. Racing itself is fun, but I never realized how much I still had to work on before I starting doing track related things. This all is an effort to make myself a better rider, getting to whoop on my buddies and trash talk is just an added bonus. Seat time is seat time as long as the foundations are there. 

That said, I'm really considering picking up a clapped out 600 project bike and doing a couple wera races here and there within the next 2 or 3 years. 

Edited by what

11 minutes ago, what said:

Tim you need to come try racing minis with us :) 

Cheaper and less risk than racing big bikes but still the same concept. May change your perspective a bit. Racing itself is fun, but I never realized how much I still had to work on before I starting doing track related things. This all is an effort to make myself a better rider, getting to whoop on my buddies and trash talk is just an added bonus. Seat time is seat time as long as the foundations are there. 

That's just it, I have very little competitive spirit when I'm on a bike. We have very different things we are looking for when we saddle up. I don't feel I need to be better or faster, not saying there isn't room for improvements just saying don't feel the need for it. When we sit in the hotel or by the camp fire at night having some drinks I like to have conversations about where we were and what we seen and where are we going next. And the added I'm glad your here to experience it with me. I can hang with some of the best when I want to but honestly I'm not out there railing it everywhere I go. 

What you guys do is no doubt fun(ive said that over and over), and puts huge smiles on faces and I know it would be enjoyable but the drive in me is and always will be be. "Where can I go next" 

I must be missing something, because I don't get a "track vs street" vibe on this forum. I see it as friendly mocking of that minsdet, rather than a staunchly planted "fuck track guys" flag. 

I see a "Groms are fucking stupid" trend, but that is because Groms are fucking stupid. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I must be missing something, because I don't get a "track vs street" vibe on this forum. I see it as friendly mocking of that minsdet, rather than a staunchly planted "fuck track guys" flag. 

I see a "Groms are fucking stupid" trend, but that is because Groms are fucking stupid. 

Fuck you groms are sweet

Oh and it's not all about being faster. Being faster is a result of being safer. Being safer is a result of being better. Being better is a result of continually practicing all aspects of riding and applying that experience. 

How the fuck did this thread turn into another god damn track & street conversation anyway. 

Edited by what

24 minutes ago, what said:

Oh and it's not all about being faster. Being faster is a result of being safer. Being safer is a result of being better. Being better is a result of continually practicing all aspects of riding and applying that experience. 

How the fuck did this thread turn into another god damn track & street conversation anyway. 

Because you and Tim can't let it go. 

34 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

With all the track knowledge and faster, safer training/practice, you guys should be crash proof by now. Sorry I had no idea.

It's hard to be authentically sarcastic if you're also equally clueless. 

18 hours ago, 2talltim said:

2 hours ago, what said:

Being better is a result of continually practicing....

:lol:

On 11/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, Uncle Punk said:

If I can recall correctly the last time we rode together I ended up having a long conversation with a LEO because of your shenanigans.

Forgot about that :lol:. Apparently when 2 bikes pass cars on double yellows they are considered to be racing?