New Honda CBR

what

16 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Finally Honda decided to conform to the market and not be stubborn and keep making stuff according to their whims and fancy. 

now this bike again will be a failure if they gonna slap on 18+ price range To it. 

What is the base price on it?

8 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Finally Honda decided to conform to the market and not be stubborn and keep making stuff according to their whims and fancy. 

now this bike again will be a failure if they gonna slap on 18+ price range To it. 

And that's been Honda's problem for the last 10 years.  They don't build what riders want, they build what they want riders to want.  They are a generation behind on features, and a generation ahead on price.  Hondas are generally well sorted and fun to ride, but there have been so many models that sat in showrooms until they were deeply discounted.

There are still a decent amount of brand new 2014 CTX1300s sitting in showrooms.  2014 :(   

• Upvote 1

Exactly Vfr 1200x still sits .
don’t get me wrong these are good machines but the times are golden in motorcycling world and simply good doesn’t cut any more, great bikes are available at same price. This is the first one where pound to pound Honda made something that matches or exceeds the competition. if pricing is right it’s gonna be a hit. 

the only place where Honda runs away with success is the gold wing area where they just don’t have any viable comparable  competition I think. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Exactly Vfr 1200x still sits .
don’t get me wrong these are good machines but the times are golden in motorcycling world and simply good doesn’t cut any more, great bikes are available at same price. This is the first one where pound to pound Honda made something that matches or exceeds the competition. if pricing is right it’s gonna be a hit. 

the only place where Honda runs away with success is the gold wing area where they just don’t have any viable comparable  competition I think. 

The Wing is finally a contender. It is finally not a giant, bulbous Boomer mover. Honda is facing the same shit HD has been. They were forced to create a tourer that was not the previous Wing. It was a good bike, but not a "holy shit I should buy that" bike. We want reliable, fast, top-tier tech machines in this generation. The same old recycled Pacific Coasts just won't do. 

Now that everything is RBW.  Why doesn't every motorcycle have Cruise Control?  All the sensors are already there and the necessary data is already in the ECM.  The only 'extra' parts that are needed are the handlebar controls and the indicator on the display.

11 hours ago, motocat12 said:

RC213V inspired engine? still an inline-four sharing the same bore and stroke as the RC213V.

I think they borrowed some valve/cam/timing tech from the rc213v on top of the bore/stroke.

"In the cylinder head, new DLC-coated camshafts actuate new finger-follower rocker arms, replacing the shim-under-bucket design to reduce drivetrain friction by 35 percent and cut inertial weight by 75 percent. Those new coated cams are driven by a semi-cam gear-train system. This patent-pending design uses a small timing gear on the crankshaft that drives a cam-idle gear that then in turn moves the cam chain. The goal is a shorter cam chain for less weight and inertia.

Reciprocating mass inside the engine has also been reduced with new titanium connecting rods that weigh half of the previous chromoly steel units. New forged pistons made from A2618 aluminum are 5 percent lighter with improved durability and strength. Ober (Teflon and molybdenum) coating on the skirts and nickel-phosphorous plating in the pin clip groove increase high-rpm wear resistance."

25 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Now that everything is RBW.  Why doesn't every motorcycle have Cruise Control?  All the sensors are already there and the necessary data is already in the ECM.  The only 'extra' parts that are needed are the handlebar controls and the indicator on the display.

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Sport touring bikes without cruise are dumb. Sport bikes without it give me mixed feelings. 

I can see the upside on slabbing to and from a twistie ride. I’d enjoy having it but wouldn’t be as much a need as it would on a sport tour

3 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

I can see the upside on slabbing to and from a twistie ride. I’d enjoy having it but wouldn’t be as much a need as it would on a sport tour

Something like 90% of sportbikes will never see a closed circuit.   The only street bikes I could make a case for not having cruise are those specifically geared for new riders.

The $15,999 CTX1300 (touring bagger) not having Cruise Control is straight up retarded.

5 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Wow.  HD developing something that actually sounds kinda cool.

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-developing-group-riding-adaptive-cruise-control/

So only one of them needs to be semi sober coming home from a bar. They will lead.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are manufacturer cruise control outside influences. Insurance rates?

A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Strasbourg in France has revealed that cruise control lengthens drivers' reaction times to emergencies by an average of once second. 

Can't remember if it was a superbike or motogp rider who when ceremonially presented with a Fireblade back in the day said something like "you'd have to be a f*ckin idiot to ride this thing on the street."  Somebody here probably remembers who it was.  Probably easy enough to narrow down to Honda riders when the Fireblade came out.

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

it will become standard feature pretty soon just like abs, right now they just saving some money plus treating it as a bling bling feature. By 2021 or so cruise will become standard for most street bikes, by then adaptive cruise and radar will be the bling bling. By 2020 bikes are going to hit the floor with radars and stuff.  

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

The Wing is finally a contender. It is finally not a giant, bulbous Boomer mover. Honda is facing the same shit HD has been. They were forced to create a tourer that was not the previous Wing. It was a good bike, but not a "holy shit I should buy that" bike. We want reliable, fast, top-tier tech machines in this generation. The same old recycled Pacific Coasts just won't do. 

i have a feeling kawi bought in the SC on 1k cc > h2 sx to slowly infringe on the customer base of their own connie and FJR.  Wonder what if they could squeeze in a SC into the 1300 cc engines and make a goldwing killer