Dream Bikes

meadeam

I've owned a handful of motorcycles over the years, all of them enjoyable, but they all came to be by some happenstance.  I've never owned a bike that I specifically set out to buy, and every bike I've owned has been a compromise.  

I'm recently divorced (woe is me). Sound familiar to anyone?   What did you/would you do?

Edited by meadeam

40 minutes ago, meadeam said:

I'm recently divorced (woe is me). Sound familiar to anyone?   What did you/would you do?

I went out with a hot punk rock chick that was considerably younger that I was.

46 minutes ago, meadeam said:

I've owned a handful of motorcycles over the years, all of them enjoyable, but they all came to be by some happenstance.  I've never owned a bike that I specifically set out to buy, and every bike I've owned has been a compromise.  

I called off my prior engagement and used the wedding money I had saved for a used VFR... Wasn't exactly what I wanted but man did it feel good. I parked it at my mom's house for awhile since I lived in apartments. Didn't want the crazy ex to go fuckin around with new bae 🤣🤣

Edited by Steve Butters

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I went out with a hot punk rock chick that was considerably younger that I was.

Not out of the question, and certainly how I dealt with similar situations before marriage.   It will be tough to find her though.  I have the curse of the introvert; I would like to meet people but am unwilling to tolerate being around people to do it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meadeam said:

if I were you I would buy the bike I have for sale.

Edited by motocat12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, meadeam said:

Not out of the question, and certainly how I dealt with similar situations before marriage.   It will be tough to find her though.  I have the curse of the introvert; I would like to meet people but am unwilling to tolerate being around people to do it.

• Haha 1

My triumph daytona was a dream bike of mine ever since I rode one in 06 when they came out. A buddy had one and I feel in immediate love. Fast forward graduating high school, college, obtaining a big boy job and I finally bought one. It's long gone but I do miss it. Had a gsxr1000 that happened by happenstance, and from there went to my current bike, an sv which I intentionally bought to become a better rider.

Daytona.thumb.JPG.198d64ea23a4d2ec06390a5add5fb668.JPG

My current crush would still be a 675 if they could get auto-blip. So currently have my future sights on an r6.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

My triumph daytona was a dream bike of mine ever since I rode one in 06 when they came out. A buddy had one and I feel in immediate love. Fast forward graduating high school, college, obtaining a big boy job and I finally bought one. It's long gone but I do miss it. Had a gsxr1000 that happened by happenstance, and from there went to my current bike, an sv which I intentionally bought to become a better rider.

My current crush would still be a 675 if they could get auto-blip. So currently have my future sights on an r6.

Quick shift and auto-blip on a street bike is probably pretty good fun, but on a track bike it would be absolutely amazing.   I'm going to avoid it on my first track bike just so I can be even more stoked when I do get it.  

3 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I expect any moment now some asshole will show up in here showing off their latest conquest.

I hate him and envy him at the same time.

I have a really awesome pic of him and it. Should I post it?

4 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

The bragging bastard already sent me the picture. I rode his new bike first though so there is that.

There seems to be a pattern here. I road one of his other new bikes first too.

3 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

There are two bikes that I am lusting after, one is the Kawasaki SX SE Plus and the second is the BMW R1250GSA. I will own at least one of them, .....someday.

Wait, you're wanting a twin?  You must be getting old...lol

4 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

The bragging bastard already sent me the picture. I rode his new bike first though so there is that.

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

There seems to be a pattern here. I road one of his other new bikes first too.

Maybe he likes sloppy seconds?

I can honestly say there really isn't a bike out there that I'm lusting after right now. There are a few I think are cool or maybe one day might pursue. (Wing, Challenger, H2 SX, maybe a new Connie if Kawi ever retires the current one) But I'm too happy with what I have to even think of anything else as a replacement or to have a side chic.  Kinda why I sold the Z1K so soon.   

• Beer 1

Kawasaki ZRX. Was about to own a brand new one in early 2000’s before getting out of motorcycling. Over a decade later when getting back into it I put one in the garage. It’s still there and outlasted the 5 other bikes that have come and gone. It’s old with no technology or rider aids. Carberated, loud, far from cushy, not always compliant and has to be driven hard out of corners to settle. Just a very mechanical bike and I love it. Really don’t think I could part with it. It will however get completely tore down this winter and massaged a little. 

• Upvote 1

I'm kind of irritated that Triumph seems to have me cornered with the new Scrambler 1200.  Scramblers are mostly a styling exercise, but this one has actual chops, and I happen to love classic bikes.  It is not a sensible choice at all, which makes me want it even more.