Indian is getting with the program.

2talltim

11 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yes motorcycling is dying for sure,  just look at this place. 

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

I have done more riding this year than the past 5 altogether. 

I was referring to the overall active folks in here. There are about 10-15 active Old school peeps that put down miles regularly and hardly any new incoming. 

The US motorcycle industry is not doing well, EU is doing better but still not good. Don't know about Asia. A good portion of the dealer/sales presentations at the AIM expo this year were about figuring out how to save the industry - they are very worried. Right now their idea is to try to appeal to different groups of people ("hey what if we advertised specifically to not white men?") with targeted adds and such, which reads to me like they really have no clue how to get out of this nose dive.

In my opinion the next big boom in bikes will start with e-bikes and scooters as efficient city/small distance transportation. That will eventually lead people to buy more powerful electric bikes for fun once the range/price point is there, but I'm talking 10+ years in the future. The e-bike will be the new Honda Cub of the 60's and will open the market up to a lot of new people. It will only be a fraction of those people that end up on 2 wheels for fun rather than transportation though.

41 minutes ago, what said:

In my opinion the next big boom in bikes will start with e-bikes and scooters as efficient city/small distance transportation. That will eventually lead people to buy more powerful electric bikes for fun once the range/price point is there, but I'm talking 10+ years in the future. The e-bike will be the new Honda Cub of the 60's and will open the market up to a lot of new people.

A lot of players in the industry are hoping that's the case. 

Price point is going to have a lot to do with people taking a chance on electric motorcycles.  I think the $30k HD livewire is a swing and a miss.  But inexpensive bikes like the HD scooter concept have potential to get younger people on 2 wheels that can bring new life into motorcycling.

5c588e53a265164c7021fc16?width=1100&form 

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tonik said:

Warning for those pondering the bagger version. It does not have a center stand, traction control and the suspension adjustment is manual. Can add the center stand afterwards.

Get the trunk version and de-trunk it. Honda makes a nice kit to do that as do some aftermarket peeps.

Yeah I’ve ran into this issue, found some great prices until I find out it’s a non tour they added a trunk to. Also no electronic suspension or reverse.

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yeah I’ve ran into this issue, found some great prices until I find out it’s a non tour they added a trunk to. Also no electronic suspension or reverse.

Forgot about reverse. Gotta say, I love having it. I can two up with all our crap for a week long trip and back out of anything.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just learned the 2020's are Euro 5 compliant and thus have 2 fewer pounds of torque. If you buy a 2020 both your dad and I will have more powerful bikes than you.

Edited by Tonik

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Just learned the 2020's are Euro 5 compliant and thus have 2 fewer pounds of torque. If you buy a 2020 both your dad and I will have more powerful bikes than you.

until they dump all the useless emissions crap, get the bike tuned and have all of the power. 

55 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Reverse is one of those things that sounds ridiculous until you've used it. Another is an auto-blipper. Do I need one? Nope. Is it fucking awesome? Yep. 

If you go to the track and hone your manual blipping skills you can become the best manual blipper ever and will never ever need or want any auto blipper on the streets. Then you can go on the interwebz and tell everyone how good your manual blipping skills are thanks to the track and they too can become a God of manual blipping.

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 2talltim said:

If you go to the track and hone your manual blipping skills you can become the best manual blipper ever and will never ever need or want any auto blipper on the streets. Then you can go on the interwebz and tell everyone how good your manual blipping skills are thanks to the track and they too can become a God of manual blipping.

:trollface:

With the money I paid for the convenience of auto-blip, I could have become a Track God, Track God...

4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Dad's been talking about getting the tune for his...

No change in performance with the tune. It fixes some things that annoy people. Remembers your engine mode when you shit down. Little less throttle response in sport at low rpm, an more in tour.

And then there is the removal of the speed limiter. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

No change in performance with the tune. It fixes some things that annoy people. Remembers your engine mode when you shit down. Little less throttle response in sport at low rpm, an more in tour.

And then there is the removal of the speed limiter. 

:lol:

You're talking flash. You need an actual tune. I know a guy... 😁

7 hours ago, Pauly said:

With the money I paid for the convenience of auto-blip, I could have become a Track God, Track God...

Woolich autoblip/quickshift/pit speed limiter/etc setup is only about $400. But there are many other things I should be spending that on before I blow money on something like auto blip. No matter how many pops and bangs it gives me on decel. 

4 hours ago, what said:

Woolich autoblip/quickshift/pit speed limiter/etc setup is only about $400. But there are many other things I should be spending that on before I blow money on something like auto blip. No matter how many pops and bangs it gives me on decel. 

Mine was not $400, but if there is one available for the Hyper.. I am buying it.