Cryptic Photo

what

the trick is any sports bike thats been traded into a harley dealership is statistically going to be a better deal with minimal usage if any and minimal prior hard core red line RPM life cycle. Most prolly a garage queen trophy bike which was acquired for " more powaaaa status" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

the trick is any sports bike thats been traded into a harley dealership is statistically going to be a better deal with minimal usage if any and minimal prior hard core red line RPM life cycle. Most prolly a garage queen trophy bike which was acquired for " more powaaaa status" 

I ♥ more powaaaa

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

R1 🤙🏽

see the tip right there 

That was my second guess based on the dealers use inventory, but yeah I totally missed the nose in the [pic. 

https://www.harley-davidsonbowlinggreen.com/inventory/used-2016-yama-1-yzf-jyarn39e7ga002871

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 1

I was sad to see that triumph unsold, when you listed it first wanted to tell you you were asking too much lower it and get it sold or else risk fo not being sold in private market because it’s kinda niche bike. But here we are, it worked out quite well for you and I think amazingly well. Great choice.  What ever happens in life follows a cycle and follows a reason and it happens for a reason. 👍👍

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, durk said:

@what congrats on the new bike. Details: what year, how many miles, gonna track it only?

2016 R1 with 4,000 miles. Going to keep street legal for the occasional ride but I plan to have it at the track often. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I was sad to see that triumph unsold, when you listed it first wanted to tell you you were asking too much lower it and get it sold or else risk fo not being sold in private market because it’s kinda niche bike. But here we are, it worked out quite well for you and I think amazingly well. Great choice.  What ever happens in life follows a cycle and follows a reason and it happens for a reason. 👍👍

Yeah I wasn't sure on pricing, I listed it to be in line with other street triple R's for sale in the area. I ended up getting essentially my final asking price as trade-in value towards the R1 so I figured why the hell not. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Congrats! That seems like a really good choice for you.

The biggest reason I went with the R1 was the amount of room on the bike. It feels a lot more spacious than any of the other 1000's except maybe the newer CBR1000's. The electronics kit on the R1 is miles ahead of everything except the 2020 S1000RR though according to everything I've read. 

Oh and that crossplane sound...