Most Accurate .22 Rifle?

Tpoppa

Ruger precision rimfire or Cz 457

post above makes a good point. If you start down that road you end up with a $1000 10/22 pretty quick

CZ makes a pretty nice rifle that you should have no need to mod. 

13 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Thought about that, but for the price of the mods I can probably get a bolt gun that'll be more accurate.

Green mountain 20" ss fluted barrel, $187.  Boyd's Ruger blaster stock, $147. So $334 gets you to a 1" gun at 100yards.  I splurged and added the Volquartsen tg2000 match trigger to mine for another $275 but it's not 100% needed.  Even so that puts you at $609 for a match grade gun.  I didn't feel like it was a bad deal at the time.

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Ruger precision rimfire or Cz 457

post above makes a good point. If you start down that road you end up with a $1000 10/22 pretty quick

CZ makes a pretty nice rifle that you should have no need to mod. 

The more I look into it I'm leaning towards a full target model.  The Ruger Precision Rimfire & the Savage B22 Precision can both be had around $400.  They both have crisp adjustable triggers and are both MOA bolt rimfires out of the box.   I don't think I could build a comparable 10/22 anywhere near that price.

Plus I'll still have the 10/22 and 15-22 for plinking abuse.

45439-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I think bolt action is a good choice. Probably doesn't have to be new.

My most accurate 22LR is an ancient Mossberg bolt action tube feed with an old 4x Weaver scope.

It easily places all shots within the size of a quarter at 50 yards measured. (Prone w/bipod)

Ammo selection is critical, find what works. For me, it's Winchester 22LR SuperX that works.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Isaac's first rifle was a bolt Savage CUB with an Accutrigger. He still has that rifle. 

I have been kicking around the idea of another gun. I do not currently own any, but want one for the house. 

I have an XDS 45 that is eligible for friend prices.

I know you are all dying to know what I wound up buying.  I got the CZ 455 .22LR Tacticool Suppressor Ready.

Costs more than something like a Savage or Ruger rimfire , but more accurate and the build quality is on another level. 

Stock, these are capable of shooting 1 MOA or slightly better with good ammo, probably closer to 1.5 MOA with cheap bulk ammo, which is fantastic for a .22.  A stock 10/22 is typically in the 2-4 MOA range.

CZ-455-Taticool-4.jpg

16 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

There really is no reason to use a trust in your case. And that doubles the wait time. 

What is the option if you don't do a trust? What are the circumstances that would make someone want a trust?

Sheriff sign off is no longer a thing. You just fill out the form and send it in in your name. Done and simple. 
The only real benefit to a trust is if you have say a large family of shooters over 21 and you want all of them to be able to take the items out shoot at will. The trust allows anyone on it to posses the item. That’s really the only reason to do one. 
Stamp times to an individual are substantially faster than to a trust. 

22 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I know you are all dying to know what I wound up buying.  I got the CZ 455 .22LR Tacticool Suppressor Ready.

Costs more than something like a Savage or Ruger rimfire , but more accurate and the build quality is on another level. 

Stock, these are capable of shooting 1 MOA or slightly better with good ammo, probably closer to 1.5 MOA with cheap bulk ammo, which is fantastic for a .22.  A stock 10/22 is typically in the 2-4 MOA range.

CZ-455-Taticool-4.jpg

That’s very nice. CZ’s are top notch