Brake light problem

Howabusa

On my 2009 FJR one of the brake light bulbs works fine as the taillight, but when I activate the brakes the bulb goes out completely. The other bulb is fine. Is this a short or what? I was changing bulbs and a couple of times it worked, but now it won’t. 

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

On my 2009 FJR one of the brake light bulbs works fine as the taillight, but when I activate the brakes the bulb goes out completely. The other bulb is fine. Is this a short or what? I was changing bulbs and a couple of times it worked, but now it won’t. 

You don't get it figered out stop by this afternoon (im home at 330)well look into it.  Sounds like dirty connectors maybe? Only other thing i can think of (not sure what type of bulbs it takes) but some of them it is possible to put them in backwards. 

46 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You got a voltmeter that can fit in the pins of the brake light harness? Is there a difference in power (or lack there of) between the two brake light connectors?

Tearing into it. Replaced both bulbs with brand new. Same problem.

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

Make sure your tabs are making contact with the pins on your bulbs. Gently pull them back out with a small screwdriver. 

42 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

You don't get it figered out stop by this afternoon (im home at 330)well look into it.  Sounds like dirty connectors maybe? Only other thing i can think of (not sure what type of bulbs it takes) but some of them it is possible to put them in backwards. 

To get to the harness back there I have take off half the dam bike about. Found the problem.

D8E9E1C3-D5A8-443E-A3D5-86CE15674601.jpeg