Mental Health Weekend

2talltim

6 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

@2talltim do you drag your toes often?

Not really why do you ask that. Im almost always riding on the balls of my feet. Yes my outside toes are usually pointing to the outside of the turn but no choice with sasquatch legs. Inside toes are still tucked.

When my peg touches maybe the corner of my toe hits but that's because my foot is slightly wider than the peg 

Screenshot_20191007-151519_Chrome.jpg

24 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Not really why do you ask that. Im almost always riding on the balls of my feet. Yes my outside toes are usually pointing to the outside of the turn but no choice with sasquatch legs. Inside toes are still tucked.

When my peg touches maybe the corner of my toe hits but that's because my foot is slightly wider than the peg 

I noticed you do stay on the balls of your feet but also noticed it looked like you were close in some of those pics. Most likely due to just the peg height/the type of bike your riding I guess. Was just wondering.

I drug my toes a lot a few years ago. Fixed that before I ruined a pair of boots thankfully.

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I noticed you do stay on the balls of your feet but also noticed it looked like you were close in some of those pics. Most likely due to just the peg height/the type of bike your riding I guess. Was just wondering.

I drug my toes a lot a few years ago. Fixed that before I ruined a pair of boots thankfully.

My boots have 50k miles on them and not worn out yet.

There is something wrong with my riding in the first 3 pics. See if you can find it. It's in all 3 

No it's not my visor being up. I always ride that way. 

But it is a huge nono mistake. 

Edited by 2talltim

3 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

There is something wrong with my riding in the first 3 pics. See if you can find it. It's in all 3 

Your line sucks? 

5 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Helmet unbuckled.

I've done that, once maybe twice. 100% because I was distracted with something as I was getting read to ride.

Edited by TimTheAzn

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Helmet unbuckled.

Bingo!!

Got half way through the dragon run. Wicked it up "to the speed limit" in a "passing zone" to pass a car and heard the buckle hit the helmet. Obviously had a "that could have been real bad" moment. 

Edited by 2talltim

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

Bingo!!

Got half way through the dragon run. Wicked it up "to the speed limit" in a "passing zone" to pass a car and heard the buckle it the helmet. Obviously had a "that could have been real bad" moment. 

haha I notice as soon as I try and open my mouth (I talk to myself and sing sometimes.:dunno:) "Something should be touching my chin...shit" *pull over*

Both time it's happened to me I didnt make it out of my neighborhood thankfully.

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

haha I notice as soon as I try and open my mouth (I talk to myself and sing sometimes.:dunno:) "Something should be touching my chin...shit" *pull over*

Both time it's happened to me I didnt make it out of my neighborhood thankfully.

With the ratcheting system i can actually do it on the fly. Just can't believe of all the places to do it , i did it there.  

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I was going to go with you were counter leaning. Not a big no no though.

I usually stay strait up. Let the big girl do all the work. When hard parts start to touch that's fast enough. No need to lean and go faster. I truley believe that's what's kept me in check all these years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I usually stay strait up. Let the big girl do all the work. When hard parts start to touch that's fast enough. No need to lean and go faster. I truley believe that's what's kept me in check all these years.

I ride the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I just hate the idea of dragging hard parts lol. Last thing I want is a hard part picking a tire up off the ground, then it's game over.

The peg folding up sans feelers is a prewarning. After that my touring peg brackets hit. Those don't upset the bike too much. You can actually see where those hit in a couple of my killboy pics. 

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

The peg folding up sans feelers is a prewarning. After that my touring peg brackets hit. Those don't upset the bike too much. You can actually see where those hit in a couple of my killboy pics. 

I mean, as long as you've trained yourself to actually get off the bike to decrease lean angle if you're hitting those warning signs and still need to reduce radius in an emergency type situation.

Edited by TimTheAzn

16 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I mean, as long as you've trained yourself to actually get off the bike to decrease lean angle if you're hitting those warning signs and still need to reduce radius in an emergency type situation.

In 150k(ish) miles of  two wheeled riding I've never crashed anything ...Yet. Even the time I hit a 100lb dog at 70 mph i didn't go down.  Must be going something right. I'm sure one day it will happen but I'll stick to what works for now. 

Capture.JPG.a8a901958aa180883511835fdbbd859f.JPG

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

In 150k(ish) miles of  two wheeled riding I've never crashed anything ...Yet. Even the time I hit a 100lb dog at 70 mph i didn't go down.  Must be going something right. I'm sure one day it will happen but I'll stick to what works for now. 

Capture.JPG.a8a901958aa180883511835fdbbd859f.JPG

Not saying you're doing anything wrong. But we all can always get better and safer. 

I know you can roll. Not questioning your ability. If anything make sure to keep adding things to your tool bag that could make you even safer than you are.