2 wheel junkie - State /town/ City to move to if you get a chance?

NinjaDoc

Just wonder if you ever get a chance/ or are interested in moving/ or researched or know about different location, where would you move to in USA ? 

As motorcycling fanatic obviously a parameter is close proximity to twisty roads and great riding weather year round. But family objectives takes  priority as well like reasonable infra structure and facilities, safe community, good schooling, reasonable cost of living etc 

Any of you folks ever thought about a location you would be interested in moving to? 

We have already made that tentative plan. Our plan once last kid is  out of school (2yrs) house is paid of in (5 yrs) and the Mrs, can locate a job. We are moving to Western Carolina's or Northern Georgia.  Somewhere within that area. Why? Close to kick ass riding, closer to the coast because we love beaches and cruises. Milder winter but still not stupid hot summers. And there are always lots of medical jobs available in her field in that area for some reason. Already dumping huge amounts in my 401k now and ill just work part time and be semi retired. She will be my sugar momma. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

We have been looking hard at Marysville, TN. For the last few years.

I used to live there. Awesome place. I just wished I was riding back when I lived there. Now as an adult, looking back, I'm REALLY salty I wasn't riding back then. 

24 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I used to live there. Awesome place. I just wished I was riding back when I lived there. Now as an adult, looking back, I'm REALLY salty I wasn't riding back then. 

But there is no track close by to it right?

51 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

But there is no track close by to it right?

I don't think so. About a year ago I was thinking about trying to go remote and where I would live. What would be a good central location to the tracks I frequent. Cleveland fortunately/unfortunately isnt that too terrible.

• Upvote 1

It would be hard to find a more attractive area for great roads--as well as pretty good weather--than picking a small-ish city within 150 miles of the "confluence" of the KY-VA-TN-NC state lines.  There are some awesome roads out west, but there are also monstrous distances of boring roads that connect different locations.  Having the mountains within easy reach would give you more than just riding as an option, tho...

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm actively looking to purchase some vacant land now, to build on the next 5 years.

Eastern TN or KY is the most likely destination.  Probably near Cherokee Lake or the Cumberland River.  

I want to build a cabin on some acres by water & hills and retire.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, what said:

I'd say California for year round riding plus proximity to a number of tracks, but I don't think I could take living in that state to be honest. 

Fuck no.  The only part of CA I'd consider is Tahoe...but it would be stupid to not just live on the Nevada side.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, what said:

North of Atlanta or out in Colorado.

I'd say California for year round riding plus proximity to a number of tracks, but I don't think I could take living in that state to be honest. 

I couldn't take living near Atlanta either!

On 10/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, NinjaDoc said:

Was in because of traffic? Heard it’s real bad in Atlanta these days. 

Yeah, traffic is one.  They have worse drivers than Columbus, too.

Taxes, politics, and property values are other factors.  NE GA is beautiful but SE TN gets the nod for me.

Access to good school system and competitive education environment will be a high priority as well. Does being around big university/ college town areas influence these outcome any ways? Want to be in suburb of a bigger city if possible, mainly for varied cultures cuisines and stuff :) will these criteria be satisfied by any zones in Tennessee NC upper GA area. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

12 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Access to good school system and competitive education environment will be a high priority as well. Does being around big university/ college town areas influence these outcome any ways? Want to be in suburb of a bigger city if possible, mainly for varied cultures cuisines and stuff :) will these criteria be satisfied by any zones in Tennessee NC upper GA area. 

Doesn't to me because I"ll be a empty nester when the time comes. But look into the Clemson/Greenville SC/Athens, GA area. 

Edited by 2talltim

• 2 weeks later...

Smoky Mountains would be great but after a short stint on living in Columbus, I quickly realized how great I had it in SEO. I’m glad to be back down here. Great roads, nothing like the smokies but good enough to keep me happy, and I have ridden every month for 4 years straight so the winter isn’t too terrible down here.

• Upvote 1