Shoop

Unofficial Fall 2019 EPIC Ride POSTPONED TO SUNDAY

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

If you should see it:

I left my blue Kodak Easy share camera on the walkway post facing the Rinard Covered Bridge on OH26 outside of Marietta yesterday late afternoon.

I was so happy I was able to get back to my bike in 10sec for the timer shot and got my bike off the bridge and drove away like a old man and forgot it.

Should have a nice shot of my V-Strom and my friends Yamahe wr250. I was being rushed.

Dear God let us find this. So we can add pics to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Brian - I rode over there. Your camera was not there. Sorry. 

29 minutes ago, Shoop said:

Brian - I rode over there. Your camera was not there. Sorry. 

Damn you man. I already bought one, we were gonna fill it with dick picks and give it to him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Damn you man. I already bought one, we were gonna fill it with dick picks and give it to him.

Damn you, I was going to tell you to tell him you know someone who found one there yesterday and to describe it to prove ownership so you could get the exact one.

It has been located and secured,  thanks for the aleart response. 😀

• Beer 1

That’s what I do, spoil everybody’s fun. 
But, I got a nice ride out of it.

The ride is POSTPONED to Sunday Oct 13, same time and place. 

Regrets to Skinny and anybody else who will now have to miss it. 

Sunday morning will be COLD. Dress with layers and take breaks on your way to the boat ramp. 

Thanks Derek. er I mean Shoop.

• Haha 2

It's actually pretty nice out here.

Interesting. 44 in Cleveland. 34 and fog in McConnelsville. 

Cold start warm finish at about 67.

Dress in LAYERS.

I am cold as fuck. It was 45 when I left home and an hour later it is 37 degrees. 

No layers needed. Turn the seat, grips, jacket and gloves up or down as needed.

56 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I am cold as fuck. It was 45 when I left home and an hour later it is 37 degrees. 

You can warm your hands, one at a time, by laying them next to the rear cylinder.

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

If it is less than 50, it is too cold to ride. Unless you are riding a civic!

• Upvote 2

Great ride today. Perfect pace and weather turned out great. Group worked out great it was good to ride with you fellas.  @Iggy hope you got her home without issues. 

@Shoop thanks for putting it together. 

Edited by Killer_kaw

That was a fun ride. Great to see you all. 

Iggy - so what else did you get at the Pony?

Chris

Outstanding day, the Epic Ride is still epic.

@Pauly please note that Gary posted above that the pace was PERFECT.

460 miles today. 140 short of my intended route, but I got a late start due to an electrical issue with the Voyager. Got the famous Yuasa POP... same thing that happened to me on the Multistrada a few years ago. I was dead in the water with 500 miles ahead of me. A quick phone call to Jim to make sure I didn't touch something I should not have resulted in another phone call home to see if Amanda was able to drive my spare battery to me. She was and did. It is half the size of the OEM, but it did the job. A new one is on the way, but she saved my bacon big time today.

Back in business... I took 77S to Parkersburg, then was supposed to take 47..but I needed to make time, so I shot across 50 to WV-31, then 47 to 119, past Buckhannon. Then I grabbed 250 in Elkins and took it all the way to I-64. Wow.. 250 is a great way to get across WV. I had never taken it past 28, but it just gets better the further east you go. Stopped for a quick bite and fuel before I hit the freeway and was making great time considering how much I lost this morning. Cruise set at 80mph and Joe Satriani playing in my helmet... I was going to make it by 9:30 at this rate. Then Google informed me of a car crash on I-95S and I started checking the radar. Rain was just ahead of me, so it seemed like a fine time to call it a day. I made it to Richmond, VA... 2 hours north of Rocky Mount, NC. So, I will be up early tomorrow to get back on schedule. I have 150 miles between me and the customer's facility. Boo!

Still... I had my own epic ride today. 10/10, would ride again. 

• Upvote 2