Unofficial Fall 2019 EPIC Ride POSTPONED TO SUNDAY

Shoop

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Damn you man. I already bought one, we were gonna fill it with dick picks and give it to him.

Damn you, I was going to tell you to tell him you know someone who found one there yesterday and to describe it to prove ownership so you could get the exact one.

The ride is POSTPONED to Sunday Oct 13, same time and place. 

Regrets to Skinny and anybody else who will now have to miss it. 

Sunday morning will be COLD. Dress with layers and take breaks on your way to the boat ramp. 

Great ride today. Perfect pace and weather turned out great. Group worked out great it was good to ride with you fellas.  @Iggy hope you got her home without issues. 

@Shoop thanks for putting it together. 

Edited by Killer_kaw

460 miles today. 140 short of my intended route, but I got a late start due to an electrical issue with the Voyager. Got the famous Yuasa POP... same thing that happened to me on the Multistrada a few years ago. I was dead in the water with 500 miles ahead of me. A quick phone call to Jim to make sure I didn't touch something I should not have resulted in another phone call home to see if Amanda was able to drive my spare battery to me. She was and did. It is half the size of the OEM, but it did the job. A new one is on the way, but she saved my bacon big time today.

Back in business... I took 77S to Parkersburg, then was supposed to take 47..but I needed to make time, so I shot across 50 to WV-31, then 47 to 119, past Buckhannon. Then I grabbed 250 in Elkins and took it all the way to I-64. Wow.. 250 is a great way to get across WV. I had never taken it past 28, but it just gets better the further east you go. Stopped for a quick bite and fuel before I hit the freeway and was making great time considering how much I lost this morning. Cruise set at 80mph and Joe Satriani playing in my helmet... I was going to make it by 9:30 at this rate. Then Google informed me of a car crash on I-95S and I started checking the radar. Rain was just ahead of me, so it seemed like a fine time to call it a day. I made it to Richmond, VA... 2 hours north of Rocky Mount, NC. So, I will be up early tomorrow to get back on schedule. I have 150 miles between me and the customer's facility. Boo!

Still... I had my own epic ride today. 10/10, would ride again. 

• Upvote 2

Wish I could have made it, but I had already committed myself to doing a track day. Invested into getting full face helmet and a suit etc. There was no way I was letting the golden straw from Tim go wasted :)  hope you guys had a good ride. The day was beautiful at the end. Catch you all next time. @Shoop thanks again for doing this, hopefully next spring it’s even better. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Great ride today. Perfect pace and weather turned out great. Group worked out great it was good to ride with you fellas.  @Iggy hope you got her home without issues. 

@Shoop thanks for putting it together. 

Yeah got her home without any problem just bummed that I couldn't continue with you guys. 

14 hours ago, Shoop said:

That was a fun ride. Great to see you all. 

Iggy - so what else did you get at the Pony?

Chris

Didn't go to Iron pony yet, need to figure out what tire I want on there, also was thinking to get a tad wider tire, theoretically should do better in a curve?

Edited by Iggy
  • Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic