Which oil?

Tonik

23 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

So what you’re saying is track guys don’t stoop down to street guy dangers. In my opinion, it’s a completely different skill set. Memorizing a track and getting every possible time gain is a skill, but running a good clip all day comfortably without riding over your head is good self control.

FTFY

Not completely different. You learn to use your eyes on track as well. Learn what your bike can really do and be comfortable doing it. That's the difference. You can be going at a good clip all day and have one moment oh shit moment; one rider might ride that out and be fine because of the track experience, the other may not be so lucky. It happened to me on one of my last street rides, and I only had a handful of track days under my belt. I'd be on someone's windshield if I wasn't comfortable doing what I had to do to tighten my radius. :dunno:

25 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

FTFY

Not completely different. You learn to use your eyes on track as well. Learn what your bike can really do and be comfortable doing it. That's the difference. You can be going at a good clip all day and have one moment oh shit moment; one rider might ride that out and be fine because of the track experience, the other may not be so lucky. It happened to me on one of my last street rides, and I only had a handful of track days under my belt. I'd be on someone's windshield if I wasn't comfortable doing what I had to do to tighten my radius. :dunno:

Did you have to tighten your radius because you were going to be left of center, or because the car was coming at you left of center? What did you do to tighten your radius?

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

FTFY

I didn’t know you couldn’t learn to be comfortable with handling your bike without taking it to the track. :dunno:

28 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I went my whole life without wrecking on the street. Two trips to the track and I wrecked.

This issue is settled. Mods, lock the thread.

This! Yes people find what their bike can do or their abilities to maneuver bikes ON THE TRACK, but guess what the street has way too many variables to use most of those abilities. My MT was like super glued to the track and I could throttle the hell out of corner exit. Guess what, on the street, I was fighting traction, stepping out using throttle modulation. Same goes for braking. I had a blast on the track but it’s a total different animal, and I don’t consider myself better than others because of a track day.

9 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I don’t consider myself better than others because of a track day.

lol I don’t consider myself any better than anyone else. We are all human beings. 

But I know I have more skills than others that are available to me to call upon if the need presents itself.

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

lol I don’t consider myself any better than anyone else. We are all human beings. 

But I know I have more skills than others that are available to me to call upon if the need presents itself.

Well I guess I’ll keep my lack of skill, wadded up less bikes that way.