Which oil?

Tonik

I know this is a joke of a thread and all but if anyone is serious,  I tried a motor oil from a company called MPT.  it says their oil is 100% real synthetic.  as you may or may not know, a lot of "synthetic" oils on the market are not actually "synthetic" if you use the definition in the dictionary.  it's a marketing gimmick that the law allows.  

as for the oil,  it made shifting a hell of a lot smoother and the clutch grab a lot stronger than what I was using.  which was Motul 300v.  I have not sent a sample to blackstone labs yet.  I've been using it all summer. 

http://mptindustries.com/mpt_products/motorcycle.htm

Since we’re going there. By using yamalube in the GT and keeping record of changes. (Shop or diy) Yamaha warranties the engine for 20yrs 100,000miles. So good old 10-40 yamalube dyno oil it is. Can’t see spending extra on anything else. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I will stick with the Rotella T6. Rural King has it on sale $15 a gallon after mfg. rebate.

Isn't that for Diesel engines? You trying to roll coal? What about the sea turtles and baby bunnies?Why so much hate for the planet? You must be racist. 

:crazy:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, Steve Butters said:

$15/qt? No thanks! 

don't be a cheapskate.  lol my bike uses 4.5qts. so I have to buy 5.   you only need to change it once a year because it's so good.  remember this oil is 100% real synthetic with no petroleum additives.  most commercially available so called full synthetic oils on the market are in fact not synthetic oil at all.  it's just highly refined more than standard oil. you're not getting what you pay for.  and what do they want for it?  $11 a qt. 

I sent a sample of motul 300v in to blackstone and paid for the TBN test.  it will tell you how long the oil is good for.  12 months of use and it was still above where they said most oils start off.  

Edited by serpentracer

7 hours ago, Tonik said:

You forgot the track vs street crowd.

Basic synopsis, track guys have more “knowledge & skill” but can‘t explain why some street guys have no problem running the same or faster pace than them on a group ride through twisties. Then the street guys explain the track is fun but not railing curvy roads all day fun. It’s a vicious circle.😂

• Beer 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, JustinNck1 said:

Basic synopsis, track guys have more “knowledge & skill” but can‘t explain why some street guys have no problem running the same or faster pace than them on a group ride through twisties. Then the street guys explain the track is fun but not railing curvy roads all day fun. It’s a vicious circle.😂

Speaking for myself its all about risk. Street isn't a place to run any faster than you guys are already going which is already a good clip. That is why I transitioned. 

I wouldn't say they can't, most likely a choice based on the level of risk. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Speaking for myself its all about risk. Street isn't a place to run any faster than you guys are already going which is already a good clip. That is why I transitioned. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

So what you’re saying is track guys don’t stoop down to street guy dangers. In my opinion, it’s a completely different skill set. Memorizing a track and getting every possible time gain is a skill, but running a good clip all day comfortably without riding over your head is also a great skill.