aim expo columbus is this weekend

motocat12

2 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

@what   How was the show?  Is it worth the trip and the $$?

I got free tickets. Lots of vendors but realistically can be seen in a couple hours. There are demo rides though I think. Didn't go out to see/do that. The flat track racing tonight was fun to watch - a couple OMRL folks were out competing. 

Edited by what

2 minutes ago, what said:

I got free tickets. Lots of vendors but realistically can be seen in a couple hours. There are demo rides though I think. Didn't go out to see/do that. The flat track racing tonight was fun to watch - a couple OMRL folks were out competing. 

I'd like to head over tomorrow  morning.  I was going to take my son but he is having a fit because it will cut into his video game time.

I went yesterday, if you going for demos you had to go and be on the list by 10 it seems. I was able to demo that Yamaha ryken thing. The inside show was really what I was going for, and was better this year than last I thought. I also think there were more people than last. I hope it continues to return to Ohio. 

Saturday I bought my first Gerbing heated gear stuff at 25% discount. So, how long till the temps hit 30, so i can try it out?

I hear (reliable source) that the show will be at CBus again next year. It was in Orlando the first few years, then CBus in 17, then Vegas in 18. 

Nivin - I have also seen the statement that Ohio has the second largest MC population. Choice of CBus is probably helped because Nationwide is a major sponsor.

Sadly, the Progressive show seems to be dwindling.

Chris

I just got home.  I didn't do any demo rides.  The indoor show was pretty decent.  I was hoping to see some of the big helmet brands there but not so much.   I was in and out pretty quickly since I was solo.   I'm an selectively introverted asshole so I didn't talk to many vendors.   Booth babes were almost non existent.  I guess they were going for the family friendly vibe.  The only real disappointment was the fact that Yamaha didn't bring a Vmax.  I want one of those in the worst way for no good reason other than nostalgia and to maybe do a rolling burnout though my neighborhood.

This show is so much better than the Cleveland IMS.  It's a nice venue and has a lot to see.  I didn't wander down to the demo bike area like last time but that's okay, I met Brittany Morrow and saw Briana Venskus who actually remembered us from Babes Ride Out - that was cool. 

It seemed like the show was slightly smaller than in 2017 - I remember vendor booths over where the flat track was set up, but maybe it was just better planning with the layout inside this time?  It was also awesome to see all the bikes parked outside - if only the Cleveland IMS was during nicer weather.  People would save on parking by riding there, but then again I always see tons of pirates drinking during the show so maybe it's best that it's in the winter??