Shoop

Poll: Dates for Fall 2019 EPIC Ride

Dates for Fall EPIC Ride  

16 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Your preferred date(s). Pick all dates you can attend or focus your vote on one date.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2019 at 01:00 AM

BUMP - Has almost everybody put their bikes away for the winter?

The poll will close on Tuesday, Oct. 1.  I will try to honor the winning vote.

Please comment with any conflicts, like "We're all celebrating Columbus Day" But it's not on the weekend this year.

The meet will be at the boat dock in McConnelsville OH.

The route will be  similar to the spring route, about 150 miles. Meeting at 10:30. Kickstands up at 11:00.

There will be no cookout, T-shirts, or official video - unless somebody else wants to coordinate any of those.

Anybody who doesn't have to hit the road immediately can have a meal at the Boondocks Grill just north/west of McConnelsville.

Edited by Tonik
BUMP
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...Welp looks like I'm out as usual. 

26 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...Welp looks like I'm out as usual. 

Working as intended.

• Upvote 1

Topic has been modified so people other than moderators can whine about dates, weather and route.

• Upvote 1

ooo, wine...  wait nvm.

Taking this opportunity to complain about a ride that I've attempted to attend unsuccessfully in years past.  I will be out of town on Oct 12th but does it matter - not really.  I know where I stand with you savages and why change what we have...

I'll go back to hiding in the shadows, which btw is challenging when you're not short.

Won't matter, it will get canceled due to nice weather.

• Haha 2

If I am in town, I will be there. Isaac may be with me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

ooo, wine...  wait nvm.

Taking this opportunity to complain about a ride that I've attempted to attend unsuccessfully in years past.  I will be out of town on Oct 12th but does it matter - not really.  I know where I stand with you savages and why change what we have...

I'll go back to hiding in the shadows, which btw is challenging when you're not short.

Didn't you make it to the parking lot one time?

@Shoop I appreciate you posting this up. The Epic rides are how I’ve met most of the guys I know on here. I don’t want to select a date because I’m not sure I can make any of the dates. Life as a husband and dad has really got in the way of riding this year. Once a date is selected I will try my best to make it out. I’m pretty sure I can’t make the 12th. If nobody votes, pick the best date for you and run with it. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Didn't you make it to the parking lot one time?

Yes, I made it to the ride once (in Logan) but decided not to stay for the ride - this was when I had just started riding and hadn't done anything other than local riding.  It was also back when I was hoping to meet people to ride with and build on my riding skill set.  That is a faded memory now - thanks OR for being a killer of 2 wheeled hopes and dreams... 🙄

24 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Yes, I made it to the ride once (in Logan) but decided not to stay for the ride - this was when I had just started riding and hadn't done anything other than local riding.  It was also back when I was hoping to meet people to ride with and build on my riding skill set.  That is a faded memory now - thanks OR for being a killer of 2 wheeled hopes and dreams... 🙄

The hell, you met me and we road back to CLE together 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The hell, you met me and we road back to CLE together 

Dammit, you're the exception.  I didn't want to have to say it because of your reputation.  If only there were more old, crabby, jerks like you around here.  😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

You could always post a ride. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

Dammit, you're the exception.  I didn't want to have to say it because of your reputation.  If only there were more old, crabby, jerks like you around here.  😉

The hell. If I wasn't married I would show you how old I am not.

• Haha 1

@Shoop thank you for posting this. Hopefully 12 gets selected and I can make it. Weather after first half of October seems tricky, with prediction for cold sweeping in by end of the month. Then again it’s the weather. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Hey! What about me?

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

You could always post a ride. 

Yeah, I guess I could.  There's more to mention but that's off topic, and it won't change things anyway.

49 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Hey! What about me?

Sorry, Kent, I'm getting old and forgetful.

46 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Yeah, I guess I could.  There's more to mention but that's off topic, and it won't change things anyway.

Sorry, Kent, I'm getting old and forgetful.

You’re not old! I am old as fuck, going to 60 on the 8th.

I will hit 62 in Jan. I knocked everything off my bedroom dresser trying to put my underwear on standing up one leg at a time. It was a nice save thou. I did not hit the floor. Picking shit up off the floor was not the best way to start the day.

• Upvote 1

I wish the above posts were referring to weather. 63 next month 62 in Jan, .

Still early Happy birthday to all the geezers, you guys better start acting your age on the motorcycle 🤣 freaking ASS hols >> Adv Styled Speeding hooligans 

Din't know I was hangin with so many old guys... I'm 62 on the 10th. Glad I don't feel old!

17 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Yep. I'm not crabby. More of a creepy ass. 

😴