3300 miles and on the wear bars

Killer_kaw

Stock tires just didn’t make it long. Planned to put on Roadsmart 3 tires but at this point I think it’ll put me between tires for trip next year. Probably gonna go with something cheaper due to this. 

Anybody got experience with Dunlop’s Roadsport 2 or the rereleased roadsmart 2. Both out in past year and a set is $160-$180 dollars. 

I also had great luck with RS3. Got almost 7,000 out of last set. I just hate needing a tire when on a trip and don’t want to pull off a decent tire before the trip. Just gotta throw something on to burn up this fall and early spring 

6 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not bad knowing what your rolling and how you roll. :dunno:

I was happy with it. That was our trip out west tire. Wasn't railing on them as hard as usual though. 4000 is average fro my rear tire. The least I ever got was 1600 in June while running 2up in the deals gap area dragging hard parts with the Mrs. That was an old date code T30

Edited by 2talltim

9 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Stock tires often seem to be different than the same model aftermarket. Sucks that it will turn buyers off the brand

Guessing they go with whatever they can get the cheapest bulk deal on. Not a brand hater. Think I’ve found some pretty nice tires in all the major brands except Michelin this will be my first set. Seems you mostly get what you pay for. Hell I ended up with Shinkos in a pinch once and to be honest they were pretty nice. Sticky, good in wet, wore well but sidewalls Seemed especially soft when loaded for a trip. Recommend tire pressure was crazy high due to soft sidewall. 

15 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

After a damp morning commute on sketchy tire there will be no budget tires going on the bike. Gonna try the road 5 since they currently have a rebate. 

Gary, is this your first bike with TC. It was mine, and Yamaha TC not that clean and unobtrusive it seems. You will feel like the grip is funny as if riding through hot tar snake. I kept on getting that I thought it was a bad tire giving this squirmy feel. Changed tires and still still got it and finally realized it’s the TC kicking in.

Of course well worn tires with belt seen there is no question about needing new tires. 

2 hours ago, Killer_kaw said:

Guessing they go with whatever they can get the cheapest bulk deal on. Not a brand hater. Think I’ve found some pretty nice tires in all the major brands except Michelin this will be my first set. Seems you mostly get what you pay for. Hell I ended up with Shinkos in a pinch once and to be honest they were pretty nice. Sticky, good in wet, wore well but sidewalls Seemed especially soft when loaded for a trip. Recommend tire pressure was crazy high due to soft sidewall. 

I  wouldn't hesitate to buy shinko 011s again either when they aren't full sticker.

Got the Road 5s mounted up yesterday and looking forward to giving them a good scrub in today. For a tire that’s supposed to give good mileage they were easy to mount and feel nice and sticky. Did take a lot of weight to balance though. First time I ever used 2oz on a wheel.