Long Way Up is under way.....

2talltim

• 1 year later...

first few episodes are okay, not great. They have some issues with range and charging, then mention the massive generator truck that follows them like once, then magically never get stranded or have charging issues again.

so far it's pretty disappointing how much the electric component is limiting their wandering

• 4 weeks later...

I knew when I was watching episode 1 and they said they were going with Harley electric motorcycles with a range of like 130 miles, that it was going to be stupid. I've watched through episode 2 and can't get into it.

I read the 1st two books and watched the series, but this electric bike thing is just dumb. I'm all for innovation and the future. Hell, I could see myself owning an electric bike one day. But this electric decision rooted in making political statements completely changed their trip. I doubt they'll say it, but I bet they regretted it big time.

• 5 months later...

If they were gonna use harleys, they should’ve waited on the Pan American and used those, much more appropriate bike and provided the bikes functioned 100%, would help harleys image which is sorely lacking... and I don’t say that to bash Harley...  I own and ride one .....  or two.