First time for everything, right?

DogBoss

21 hours ago, Tonik said:

Normally I would agree with you, even though you are a dumbass. But as you can see from the sentence construction above they are four different items. The use of commas makes that clear.

Going to page our resident special English teacher @SpecialEd for a final ruling.

Comma after the word "tub." Tonik is correct.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Funny, I drive past their campus every day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20191002-113711_Maps.jpg

U of P's story is a long one. If you visit their website, you will see a large list of "campuses" in many states. When you click on a location, you will see that they are closing all these buildings, but will see the current crop of students through their remaining academic program. The organization was successfully sued by the federal government for tens of millions of dollars for grossly inflating the post-graduation employment statistics of their alums. They are moving to an all-online platform.

Edited by SpecialEd

6 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

How the fuck did a leg hump throw back thread turn into a cat fight? 

Simple:

Ed and Steve are trying to invent a newer less MCP way to drive lady riders off of the forum. So they are trying the "Let's debate the current state of the American Education system" a.k.a "let's be boring as hell" approach. 😁

Seems to have worked. The OP seemed pretty feisty. But she hasn't been back since the first dictionary lesson. Which I thought was well done - by the way. Pretty sure that it went right over Sean's head.

For those of you that missed the heights of the women's lib movement, or have forgotten it, MCP is male chauvinist oinker. 

Betcha the history lessons work just as well.

Chris

occasionally called a pig, but never a chauvinist. 

2 hours ago, Shoop said:

Simple:

Ed and Steve are trying to invent a newer less MCP way to drive lady riders off of the forum. So they are trying the "Let's debate the current state of the American Education system" a.k.a "let's be boring as hell" approach. 😁

Seems to have worked. The OP seemed pretty feisty. But she hasn't been back since the first dictionary lesson. Which I thought was well done - by the way. Pretty sure that it went right over Sean's head.

For those of you that missed the heights of the women's lib movement, or have forgotten it, MCP is male chauvinist oinker. 

Betcha the history lessons work just as well.

Chris

occasionally called a pig, but never a chauvinist. 

I freely admit that syntax, grammar, and mechanics can be a rather pithy and off-putting subject, as can the specifics of a soon to be defunct experiment in post-secondary education. However, I love and respect all women unconditionally.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I freely admit that syntax, grammar, and mechanics can be a rather pithy and off-putting subject, as can the specifics of a soon to be defunct experiment in post-secondary education. However, I love and respect all women unconditionally.

Did you get your Masters in EDU online or did you drive to a brick and mortar school each day?

38 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Did you get your Masters in EDU online or did you drive to a brick and mortar school each day?

Went to Hiram College--a brick-and-mortar skool--three nights per week and all day Saturdays for almost three years. My masters is in Interdisciplinary Studies, which is a specific area of a master's in education.

Edited by SpecialEd

1 minute ago, SpecialEd said:

Went to Hiram College--a brick-and-mortar skool--three nights per week and all day Saturdays for almost three years.

Damn dude, my ex-boss did it online with U of P in one summer. Did you get a bigger raise doing it the hard way?

• Haha 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Damn dude, my ex-boss did it online with U of P in one summer. Did you get a bigger raise doing it the hard way?

This would be a discussion too lengthy for the average OR member's attention span--and pain threshold. Suffice it to say that there is always something substantial lost without the physical presence of grad students in a room working together and discussing course content. This is where the true learning takes place. Writing a solid master's thesis is just proof that one has achieved mastery of the course content comprising the degree requirements.

• Beer 2

I love OR, where literally anything is possible. Endlessly entertaining, just as is listening to the inane babbling of a bunch of drunks at an Ohio campground during a summer weekend evening. Priceless . . . 

Edited by SpecialEd