First time for everything, right?

DogBoss

Rebecca here, I grew up on the back of my dad‘s motorcycle I don’t even know how many poker runs I’ve been to. Always been a ski boat, dun buggy, quad, dirt bike, need for speed kind of person. Decided last month that I was going to go ahead get my temps, take Ohio’s motorcycle course & start looking for a Yamaha VStar 650. Figured I’d keep my eye out through the winter ...that didn’t last, bought one a 06’ yesterday. Great deal, the guy is friends with a good friend, runs great, but has to be jumped. He did put a new battery & voltage regulator on it. I have my ideas, based on working on cars, figured starter would be where I would start if the battery checked out. But I have never worked on a motorcycle so what is y’all‘s thoughts? 

8788AC7C-F82B-4BBE-88C9-E448DCDF3FA7.jpeg

534343DB-3582-46F7-901F-A822FC4D7FDD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Not sure about the 650's but the 1100's were also proned to shity starter clutches. But that might not match your symptoms. My wife's previous bike kept having what I thought was low battery issues because would start with a jump. Ended up being the starter clutch was hanging up and a jump was giving it the extra juice it needed to get over the hang up.  

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, max power said:

Shit Bubby I can’t remember names, just all the random dildos that used to leg hump every time a girl came on here. It was entertaining shit. Don’t act like it wasn’t.

I’m sure MJ could give you some names but ....

Well darn too bad I could have had y’all rolling for days had they still been here then. 

1. Although this is the first bike I’ll be working on I have worked on cars, quads, boats & jet skis all my life. So I have pretty good idea.

2. I’m pretty much an asshole, and fuckery is my first language.

3. I enjoy entertaining an audience.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, Tonik said:

But retest after the new battery. One of the things they do is over charge....which fries the battery.

Yeah one of my mangers fiancé is going to come down and take a look at it he & his dad have a local car & bike shop here in town. His dad does more of the bike end but he said he’d look at it before we run it down.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, DogBoss said:

2. I’m pretty much an asshole, and fuckery is my first language.

Sounds as if you'll fit right in with this group. The word "fuck" is common currency here; the favored noun, adverb, and transitive verb used by all the asshats with whom you will interact. Wear yer helmet when you're on this site; it can be a dangerous ride.

• Beer 1