Got me a bike.

Tonik

A friend of mine has a Boneshaker that he rides in local parades and such.  I rode it around a parking lot for a while.  All I can say is it's a good thing bicycles evolved from the high wheel era...

It wasn't to hard to mount and start riding but it's a bear to keep going, especially if there's any uphill grade.  Each time you push the pedal, you have to fight to pull the handlebars the opposite way.  Dismounting is the hardest part, you can't just stop pedaling and kick your leg over - the pedal you are standing on will stop the wheel and cause an immediate stoppie!

4 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

A friend of mine has a Boneshaker that he rides in local parades and such.  I rode it around a parking lot for a while.  All I can say is it's a good thing bicycles evolved from the high wheel era...

It wasn't to hard to mount and start riding but it's a bear to keep going, especially if there's any uphill grade.  Each time you push the pedal, you have to fight to pull the handlebars the opposite way.  Dismounting is the hardest part, you can't just stop pedaling and kick your leg over - the pedal you are standing on will stop the wheel and cause an immediate stoppie!

Back in the times when these bikes were prevalent, engineering hadn't yet been invented--nor had common sense.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I wouldn't have the balls to ride something like that.

I could ride that. Last season I was riding my fixed gear on 50 mile club rides. I couldn't do that right now, as I am way out of condition..but I think I could at least make it a few miles on that thing. 

Unless you're being snarky, in which case, nevermind.