Ride 9/21

Pauly

14 minutes ago, durk said:

Fuel pump was shipped today. I may be in for this. If you’ll be stopping at least within say 120 miles or so. 

I think that is doable. If @Blitz plans to ride, then we will need to stop every 20 minutes for fuel, anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Killer_kaw said:

Damn. You sure know how to sell a good time. 

I used to be a salesman, but decided to get a refund from Satan on my soul and chose another path. 

Is there any mods that will move this to the right section. No respect for rules and etiquette in this place.

On an unrelated note, if I have the tire by then may be in for the shenanigans. 

And on another note, since this was posted up in open public with bolivar as the spot I have a feeling this is going to become a mini dream bomb if the weather is going to hold up as good as it’s doing now 😆 

Close to a decade ago same place around same time looks a lot different with 90% of the folks not active anymore 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Passions come and go, Nivin. Lots of members went full track, which is actually a very good thing. I respect the track-only mindset, but it isn't my mindset. I like riding on a race track, but I just like the simplicity of street riding so much more. Maybe one day that will change, but I think I am in this street bike thing for the long haul. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Agree.  I've been riding street for 50+ years, since the mid-60s, and still enjoy the act of walking out to the garage and throwing a leg over the bike.  No prep, no fuss, no hassle.  Instant gratification!  Admittedly, the dramatic uptick in poor driving--mostly associated with cell phones and distracted driving--has changed the rules and made it mandatory to maintain constant vigilance.  I'm not convinced that even with many years of riding experience that I won't be taken out by someone else's stupidity or arrogance, but the thrill of riding is worth the danger.

Disclaimer:  I'm old.  I'm single.  My kids are grown.  My house is paid off.  No more than a handful of people would miss me if I died.  My decision process would likely be different if I was younger and had 2-3 decades of wife and kids ahead of me.  YMMV.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

He could just borrow my Yamaha. :dunno:

Nope. I’m not big on walking. I prefer the slingshot maneuvers or possibly acme rockets. It’ll be a Saturday morning so seems fitting. 

Edited by Killer_kaw
  • Beer 1
  • Haha 1