Check Ya Nuts

Tonik

5 minutes ago, snot said:

Glad you are ok and they caught it early. I scream at my 1/2 all the time about going to the Doctor for regular check ups. I know it is scary, but finding out early is key with anything. 

Thanks.

Make sure he understands, that if I didn't go for my yearly I would have been dead.

• Like 1

Tonik, very relieved for you. I can only imagine the panic you experienced. I, too, always heard that testicular cancer was a young man's disease. This is a good wake-up call for those nuts among us who have nuts, and a great reminder to get a full physical exam once a year.

Very happy you're on the mend. I would have missed your omnidirectional messages of hatred, and pray that the photo of your remaining dingleberry does not materialize. Please just don't do it.

• Upvote 1

I've had a similar experience, minus the findings. It's like they always send in the hot lab tech to ultrasound ya balls for 20 min. Lube included.

That was a few years ago, havent noticed anything different. Does make me want to be checked again, not because I enjoyed the experience, but for my overall health. 

Jim:  Glad you caught it in a timely fashion and got the all clear.

Also, BIG KUDOS for sharing your situation and posting it as a PSA.  Might save another's life!!!

However, discerning minds need to ask the crucial question:  Which side do you dress on now?

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

Now those of you that have seen me ride know I have seriously big balls.

3 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Prosthetic nuts are available if you don’t like being lopsided. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

I checked into that, can't get them in brass.

Or in size XXXL, either....

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

However, discerning minds need to ask the crucial question:  Which side do you dress on now?

Excellent question. It was my right nut that was removed. I expected to kind of see a left nut where it used to be and an empty sac on the right. But what it looks like is kinda like one sac, and one nut...no empty sac and it kind of hangs mostly in the middle. A tad to the left but not much.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Excellent question. It was my right nut that was removed. I expected to kind of see a left nut where it used to be and an empty sac on the right. But what it looks like is kinda like one sac, and one nut...no empty sac and it kind of hangs mostly in the middle. A tad to the left but not much.

Could you please be a little more specific?

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Glad everything went well for you. It's a scary and fast paced scenario. 

Same thing happened to me. Ever since the Tom Green special where he had testicular cancer, I've checked myself out regularly.

I felt the dreaded lump right after my 30th birthday. A week later had surgery and the right one (my favorite one) was gone. 4 ct scans/year for 2 years followed by 2 scans/year for two years with one final one in year 5. I'm 35 now and will be going back to see my Dr in 2 years with just an abdomen/pelvic x-ray. 

I had the surgery on a Tuesday and was back at work on Friday. If you miss 3 days you need a doctors note and i guess i was too embarrassed at the time to tell anyone. I tried to just stay at my desk the whole time. By monday, it was like nothing ever happened.