Walmart open carry, Sept 3, 2019

hiro

On 9/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, MidgetTodd said:

I absolutely support no open carry. 

IMO the ones that open carry are attention whores simply trying to look like a bad ass. You induce panic among some and make yourself the first target to those wishing to do harm. 

image.png.cde2d413bdf91b30b1e1f43168a14058.png

I haven't open carried in a long time (20 years)  but just because I don't chose to do it doesn't make it wrong.   If more people chose to open carry on a regular basis maybe the little snowflakes wouldn't freak out every time that they see a pistol.

• Upvote 2

Seriously.. it is kind of silly when you think about it. We're a society of adults hiding guns from each other, versus just carrying them open...like adults. Children hide things. 

Also, I am stoned..so this might not make as much sense to me in the morning. I still don't understand the backlash over open carry. If every CHL holder suddenly open carried tomorrow, we would shit our collective pants when we saw "WHO" was carrying "WHAT". Maybe that's it. Our subconscious is running this show and it is bathing in the glow of suspe sion of disbelief. It ain't a bunch of Keanu Reeves out there packing muzzle-flashed 1911 Colts. Let's not kid ourselves. 

I really want to wrap up the rest of this point of view, but apparently that brain-train has sailed in lieu of peanut m&m's. Perhaps another time. I am stuck in Charlotte for another 5 days. 

2 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

image.png.cde2d413bdf91b30b1e1f43168a14058.png

I haven't open carried in a long time (20 years)  but just because I don't chose to do it doesn't make it wrong.   If more people chose to open carry on a regular basis maybe the little snowflakes wouldn't freak out every time that they see a pistol.

I can't tell what point you are trying to make.

Why don't you open carry?

On 9/11/2019 at 9:14 AM, 2talltim said:

What's the point of the date in your title? Other than that's when they made the statement? Other than that sill don't see the point of the date. Kinda confused me, but that is easily done. 

Because when I did a search I found similar events involving Walmart at different points in time. But, yeah, not much use mentioning the date.

I also thought it was interesting that it's the 3rd, which is after the 2nd, almost as if they're saying the 2nd has come and gone! Haha I was also thinking of how some people open carry on the 2nd to make a statement.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:02 PM, Pauly said:

He was stocking the freezer and he noticed my gun and approached me. He was the lead stock clerk in stock clerk clothing. I asked if he had a manager and he told me he was the MIC at the time.

I even helped an old woman reach some baking goods on a top shelf and she never squirmed or mentioned my giant black pistol as she thanked me for coming to her aid. 

I had a similar experience with two older women. I also saw an older woman in a Walmart open carrying. I later learned that that store closes early due to the crime rate!

On 9/12/2019 at 5:31 PM, Howabusa said:

I had a Harley looking older women open carrying in Wendy’s today. I told her, you are going to catch shit for open carrying. Her response, I don’t care, I refuse to comply!

Wendy's is another place that prefers to not see your pew. heh

14 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I can't tell what point you are trying to make.

Why don't you open carry?

I haven't done it for the past twenty years because I have lived in medium sized  metro areas.  I don't think that I have ever (8 years) seen somebody open carry in Cbus that weren't' marked LE.  It wasn't common in Indianapolis either.  I don't expect that it's any different now.

The point is that gun owners shouldn't be shitting all over each other for legal choices.  The cartoon was a poorly executed jab at Midget Todd for calling folks Rambo and attention whores.

I open carried in Pickerington when I used to visit the kids. I even took my kid sister grocery shopping at their Kroger and nobody said a thing. I did have a manager watch me for a few minutes, but he never approached me or said anything. Just another uneventful day wearing a gun. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Hummm odd. About the time you quit posting the new guy  CJ74U2NV  started posting from the same IP address.

Few others are posting from the same address too. Rare, but it happens depending on how the ISP is set up.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, Tonik said:

And another thing, what have any of you done to protect or expand our gun rights. And no, whining on the internet does not count.

I on the other hand have shown up at a park in Cleveland Heights with a few hundred other peeps with our weapons when the city tried to ban guns in the parks. Then we kicked in a couple of hundred each to sue their asses. We won, and got our money back.

How was that organized? I'd like to protest the local library system not allowing concealed carry. If I rode to the library, I'd have to leave my pistol in a bag on the bike where it could be stolen. 

I noticed in one county in NC the library system allows concealed carry, but in my county they do not. But then, I think my county allows concealed carry in parks, but I visited another county park that didn't. 

Edited by hiro

On 9/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, Pauly said:

I open carried in Pickerington when I used to visit the kids. I even took my kid sister grocery shopping at their Kroger and nobody said a thing. I did have a manager watch me for a few minutes, but he never approached me or said anything. Just another uneventful day wearing a gun. 

That manager probably thought you were cute. That's all. haha