Ramblings of a free man (SV650?)

redkow97

Post divorce. In the new house. Student loan payment went down (finally) now that lender acknowledged i don’t have my ex-wife’s income. I got more breathing room than anticipated. 

House needs a roof, and i will buy a used ($8-10k) car thereafter, but then it may be time for a bike again. 

I know i won’t ride it much, so i don’t want to spend much. I also don’t want a fleet of bikes. May have a mini or a grom next to whatever i end up with. 

Torn on naked versus having some wind protection. Unlikely to race this bike, but would do a few trackdays on it each year. 

Otherwise just pleasure cruising and maybe some back-road jaunts. 

I think a good used SV650 is the most practical decision, but i’d be open to a Ducati monster, or even something vintage, if it’s cool and cheap. 

Open to a cruiser. Maybe. But a cruiser that i could ride in intermediate at a trackday, if such a thing exists. 

Whatcha got?

08 & 09 C14's can be had on the cheap. Ive seen some in the $3500-$4k range with low miles. Ive seen a few do track days on them(better than any cruiser) Can tour, cruise and rail twisties on them in comfort. Insurance is cheap too. 

Edited by 2talltim

33 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

I think a good used SV650 is the most practical decision

This. Fuck the ducati idea. SV will fire up every time and not give you shit. Can be had for cheap, parts even cheaper. More than enough to have fun on the street or the track.

I will say from personal experience that a Z or a Grom will not scratch the itch to ride on the street.

43 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Open to a cruiser. Maybe. But a cruiser that i could ride in intermediate at a trackday, if such a thing exists

My Goldwing with the speed limiter removed would do it I think.

• Haha 1

I'm likely selling a 2003 tuono with the Rotax vtwin soon. Touring windscreen and many spares. Bought it when I was shopping for another sv and owned 5years. Looking for $2200. I just bought a newer one. I would consider buying it back if you want to sell and I get more space. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Unmarried harmony remains relatively intact. 

Kids remain amazingly comfortable with things. Feels weird being single and irresponsible(ish) so often, but i guess that’s what young hot punk rock chicks are for...

FTFY based upon my behavior after my divorce decades ago.

• Upvote 1

Bars that are open at 7am near hospitals are the best place to meet quality women that are financially stable, mostly sane, wont say no to very much in the bedroom and generally quality relationship material. Night shift nurses head there on Fri and Sat mornings. 

Thank me later

• Upvote 2