Killer_kaw

Last minute. Why the hell not. Gap trip.

What the hell it seems like a good idea. Plan to bail out in the wee hours of the morning Wednesday and make it back for Friday night football. Early mornings, lots of miles. Guess I otta plan some routes. 

I am planning on a trip down to the gap, probably next week. I am going to change my rear shock out and get her ready this week.

Edited by Howabusa

Smokin Joe's just down the street is a better choice.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Smokin Joe's just down the street is a better choice.

That’s the usual spot when I stay here. Went for something different. Very good. 

Now. About the GT...... damn this is a nice bike. Half my trip today was slab. All the suspension travel soaks up every bit of uneven pavement and floats on the slab. Set the cruise. Kick on the heated grips and seat when you get a chill. In the twisties the suspension keeps everything planted nicely. Even the shitty stock tires. It’s hard to believe how comfy these dirt bike lookin class of touring bikes are. The 900 triple really is an odd duck but in a good way. It spools up nicely and somehow manages to be able to lug around like my Vulcan. One thing I don’t care for is packing the bike. Those bags don’t look all that odd shaped until you start filling them. 

• Upvote 1

Pack a set of arrowhead Multistrada panniers and get back to me. 

If you dont have the removable liner bags, get some. So much easier than dicking with the panniers themselves. Just toss the liners in the boxes and go. 

Glad you like your bike. Glad to see you back on the forums. Speed safe and I will catch you another time. 

17 hours ago, Pauly said:

Pack a set of arrowhead Multistrada panniers and get back to me. 

If you dont have the removable liner bags, get some. So much easier than dicking with the panniers themselves. Just toss the liners in the boxes and go. 

Glad you like your bike. Glad to see you back on the forums. Speed safe and I will catch you another time. 

I agree bag liners make it a lot easier.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:07 PM, Pauly said:

removable liner bags

18 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I agree bag liners make it a lot easier.

Good call fellas. I’ll see what I can find. 

54 hours, 6 states and close to 1600 miles. Good times.

One of these trips I’m gonna have to stay in Georgia and explore a bit. 

I left Townsend before daylight Thursday along the creek to make a run through the park when the sun came up. Absolutely worth it. Zero traffic made for the best route on the trip. :banana:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1