Sign in to follow this  
Jcarlson

Vstar Exhaust

I bought my wife an 07 Vstar 650 Custom.  It's got Vance & Hines Short Shots on it and she doesn't like them.  She doesn't like loud pipes.  Finding stock pipes is near impossible.  What aftermarket pipes are quiet like OEM?

Edited by Jcarlson

You try the v star pages on FB for the used stock ones? I used to be on ther and seen them pop up every now and then

Or make a post to trade yours for theirs on there

Edited by 2talltim

I picked up stock cans on ebay, cheap. But shipping is rather high. Dude had pulled his stock off to install after market, and sold them.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:47 AM, 2talltim said:

Or make a post to trade yours for theirs on there

This. Hard to sell stock pipes so people toss them out. Much easier to find someone with stock pipes installed and offer to trade. Offer in to do the swap yourself is added bonus. I had success with this approach locating a black V6 mustang bumper that I traded my stock gt bumper for.. Dude drove to my house and I took the bumper off his car, put mine on it, sent him on his way... Easy 

Cruise CL and FB market for bike for sale with stock pipes.Ask the owners if they will swap you pipes, tell them it will help them sell faster with aftermarket pipes.  

On 9/1/2019 at 8:18 PM, Jcarlson said:

I bought my wife an 07 Vstar 650 Custom.  It's got Vance & Hines Short Shots on it and she doesn't like them.  She doesn't like loud pipes.  Finding stock pipes is near impossible.  What aftermarket pipes are quiet like OEM?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/318186042449972/

and

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/329845154571563/

Edited by 2talltim

Not sure the 01s will fit. I think he needs 04 and up.