Anyone want to ride sat aug 31st?

theroamr

i can ride with you.  I am in Coshocton, but can head north some to meet you on your way down.  Never seen the big Muskie.. had to look it up.  I am usually in that area every weekend when I ride.  I can meet anytime in the morning...  Just let me know.

Good day of riding, nice to see all the folks before the season ended. That was prolly my last one for the season as I don’t see another opening till October. If it’s at least 50+ I will venture out below that just too much for my tropical blood. I was lucky the tires barely lasted till the return journey home :) need new tires and oil changed and prolly back to the tender it goes or sell it hehe. 

@FatWibur  

was that you and your friend we ran across in Cadiz? Hard to believe there would be two new 2020 RR in that small radius of living of canal Fulton 

41109323-88A8-45BA-A4C7-401C1ED51D5B.jpeg

Edited by NinjaDoc

5 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

@FatWibur  

was that you and your friend we ran across in Cadiz? Hard to believe there would be two new 2020 RR in that small radius of living of canal Fulton 

@NinjaDoc

Not me... I was down south today on 83/78/550/26/800.  I have the Red/White/Blue paint scheme.  I do like the red though.  Almost all of the first batch to hit the US back in June where like mine.

IMG_1033.jpg

16 hours ago, FatWibur said:

@NinjaDoc

Not me... I was down south today on 83/78/550/26/800.  I have the Red/White/Blue paint scheme.  I do like the red though.  Almost all of the first batch to hit the US back in June where like mine.

IMG_1033.jpg

very nice, 

how was the 2017 s1000R for you ? was it reliable and comfortable since more upright? How does it compare to these new RR

10 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

very nice, 

how was the 2017 s1000R for you ? was it reliable and comfortable since more upright? How does it compare to these new RR

I really liked the R and the naked look.  It has a ton of torque and handles very well... it was a lot of fun to ride.  The R, under 9K RPMs, I feel it pulls harder than my 2020 RR.  The 2020 RR is really restricted in 2nd and 3rd gears in the USA due to EPA regulations (well documented at BrenTuning and an RR forum).   I had no mechanical issues with the bike at all... though I only put 5K miles on it.  I put just over 5K in 3 months on the RR also and so far no issues. 

My only complaint about the R were the handlebar and footpeg vibrations.  I added heavy bar ends that "fixed" the tingling in my hands.  I ruined the camera on 3 iphones due to handlebar vibrations and using a Rokform mount.  Rockform would send me something new to try, but after 3 failures I stopped trying.  Lucky, Apple repair each time for free as a mechanical failure.  For the footpeg vibrations I think my right foot must be sensitive... I experience similar footpeg vibrations on the RR but not quite as much.  After awhile I did add a little bigger wind screen on the R that made a big difference.

On weekends, I could ride the R for a hours comfortably from a seating position - the seat itself and the vibration issue were the cause of discomfort... I would have done a seat mod/replacement if I keep the bike longer.  Other than bike protection mods, I wasn't planning on doing anything else.   After I went to CSS in May of this year and rode the RR, I knew I wanted one.  CSS at the time had one 2020 RR but students couldn't ride it.  I couldn't afford 2 bikes at the time so had to trade the R in.  I'm 53 and on the RR, my knees do start to hurt after a few hours of riding where that did not happen on the R.  Always, when I get tire on the RR, I do notice putting more weight on my wrists if get lazy with gripping the tank with my legs.  On the R, I never had an issue with weight on the wrists when I started getting tired.

Here is a pic of the R

IMG_0926.jpg

• Upvote 1

@FatWibur awesome, thx for the detailed review. I just came across the 2017+ R during my research into bikes with cornering abs and light weight. The vibration seems to be the prime complaint about this bike it seems. I thought the 2017+ they were fixed. Good choice with RR, respect for trying to stick to SS riding position at 50+ age. 

9 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I thought the 2017+ they were fixed. Good choice with RR, respect for trying to stick to SS riding position at 50+ age. 

@NinjaDoc Thanks.  I came across the same info once I started researching vibrations on the R... I think my right foot has  some type of issue.. it is with my 3rd and 4th toes... i did some research it is called something (forgot what it is) and a nerve could be removed.. but have not looked in that.   Well, it could by my age 🤔

Edited by FatWibur