Dragon Trip - 9/12-15 looking for (2) more people

silentcropduster

I have 6 total going as of right now, with 2 spots left to fill. Cost per person is $105. This pays for your portion of the VRBO all in. Mixture of car & bikes guys going. Everyone is welcome to do their own thing 100%, but it would be nice to do stuff as a group. 

I'm specifically looking for someone to tow my motorcycle. I'd split cost of gas/trailer or take it off the cost of your portion of the VRBO.

I have a fb group event for this trip and more info can be had for interested parties or your welcome to PM me or ask below.

Thanks!

FB_IMG_1566430789245.jpg

1 hour ago, silentcropduster said:

@2talltim 😉

Sorry I can't to commit to any weekends in the next month if I go down will be a last min thing,  and really can't do a 4 day trip. And if I could definitely wouldn't be doing any of that trailer nonsense.

10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Sorry I can't to commit to any weekends in the next month if I go down will be a last min thing,  and really can't do a 4 day trip. And if I could definitely wouldn't be doing any of that trailer nonsense.

Trailer nonsense? 

12 hours ago, silentcropduster said:

I'm specifically looking for someone to tow my motorcycle. I'd split cost of gas/trailer or take it off the cost of your portion of the VRBO.

31 minutes ago, silentcropduster said:

Trailer nonsense? 

non·sense
/ˈnänˌsens,ˈnänsəns/
noun
noun: nonsense

1. spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.

2. foolish or unacceptable behavior.

Mostly #2.... :lol:  

Edited by 2talltim
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, max power said:

For the record, tim has trailered to the gap several times.  No shame in it at all.  

I have zero shame, I just need someone 2 tow my bike lol. My Audi S4 can more than do it but last time I did I bent a damn rim (fuck 71N in Grove-tucky) and got like 14 mpg 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the annual LocalRiders fall trip to NC/GA.  Rolled out of Cinti on Tues and took  backroad twisties/goatpaths to Abingdon VA, then continued with the goat path theme on Thur into Waynesville for a OW mileage of 724.  Rode about 350 miles each day Thur/Fri on the usual choices and had a buddy's clutch cable break on the far end of the Cherhola.  Managed to limp him back to camp and spent part of Sat trying to scrounge a suitable cable and jury rig a salvage yard part to work (SURPRISE!--there are no OEM parts available for a 2001 BMW GS650 Dakar anywhere in NC).  Had to settle for slabbing it back on 40/75 #becausenostopping for a trip total of 1840 miles.  Perfect weather and great riding as always with a crew of long-in-the-tooth hooligans!

FYI:  They are doing road resurface on 107 north of the 281/Canada Rd junction in Tuckasegee.  True cluster-f--k!

Edited by Bubba
  • Beer 1