I'm back...

ScubaCinci

Back from my 2 week trip to the UK but as we were leaving town, my dad passed. 😪 Fortunately, he wanted to be cremated and I have a lot of family from out of town, mostly NY, so my family scheduled the memorial service for this weekend when we were back which also gives family time to make it here.

Also, for those I was friends with on FB, I deleted my FB account. Between all of the religious and political crap, the ever increasing ads, and the fact that they are whoring out our personal data with reckless abandon (watch the Great Hack on Netflix), I had enough. So, I didn't block or unfriend you (I've had some friend ask).

Between the weather, the knee surgery, vacation and other commitments, I've gotten the bike out all of 2 times this year which is pretty fucking pathetic - especially since I am currently voluntarily unemployed (one of the reasons was to help care for my parents). I may need to do a fall trip somewhere this year.

Joe:  Sorry to hear about your Dad.  Lost mine 3 years ago and still miss him every day.  The world is a lonelier place without parents...

If your schedule permits, the annual Local RIders fall trip to Waynesville and Phil's/Jay's BRMC is the week of Labor Day.  Typical ritual is simply pick the group of riders that meet your schedule and roll with them.  Folks start dribbling down Sunday-Monday, some Tues-Wed, even a few that only make it for a couple of days on the weekend.  Some slab it down in one day, some make the route part of the week's ride and do it in 2 days--that'd be old guys like me who don't want to do a 450-550 mile day.  Sunday is the return, usually a twisty route on 209 to Hot Springs and 70/Trail of the Lonesome Pine north, then a slab from the Bert Combs Mtn Pkwy to Cinti.  I would have suggested joining the FB forum with the current info, but that obviously won't work.  Check out the LocalRidersdotcom site, which is essentially totally dead but you'll find Dave Bannister's post from this month and links to past year's trips for more info.  If you decide to join this year, lemeno and I'll connect you to folks who are already planning their trip itinerary.

• Beer 1

Thanks guys.

Bill, I do the annual car trip with the wife and friends down there that weekend. My wife has a new BMW M2 convertible this year 😀 Thanks for the invite though...I miss the ride every year. I usually run into Greg B who lives down the block and he usually mentions it.