Introduction - 18 from the Cleveland Area!

Zinc

Hey all!

I just got a new bike yesterday (2015 KTM 500 EXC). I've been into riding since I was super young, but I've never gotten "serious" with it or explored Ohio! I've always ridden in my own yard or nearby local trails that friends or family owned. 

I really want to get into some sweet trail riding and what-not, but I have no clue where I should check out. I found this forum with Google and it seems perfect!

Excited to meet some of you guys!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zinc said:

Hey all!

I just got a new bike yesterday (2015 KTM 500 EXC). I've been into riding since I was super young, but I've never gotten "serious" with it or explored Ohio! I've always ridden in my own yard or nearby local trails that friends or family owned. 

I really want to get into some sweet trail riding and what-not, but I have no clue where I should check out. I found this forum with Google and it seems perfect!

Excited to meet some of you guys!

Welcome! I hope you're not one of those hundreds of jackasses riding your unlicensed trail bikes on the streets of downtown Cleveland :popo:

Edited by SpecialEd

2 minutes ago, max power said:

Welcome.  All the good enduro riding, and riding in general, is in southern Ohio.  

This ^^^^. There is NOWHERE good to ride in Northeast Ohio--except for the gritty streets of downtown Cleveland. Move to southern Ohio or sell your bike. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Welcome! I hope you're not one of those hundreds of jackasses riding your unlicensed trail bikes on the streets of downtown Cleveland :popo:

Well the 500EXC is a street legal bike from the factory, so not likely. Most of the hooligans are on stolen MX bikes.

Unfortunately not much for legal trail riding in NEO, however Allegheny National forest, north west PA, Wayne National Forest, SEO,  and Perry state forest, SEO have significant trails. If you get down around the Danville area or further south east there are also some good gravel road riding. Some of the roads are more jeep path than road.