Alpinestars SMX-1 R Vented Riding Boots

RidersDiscount

On or off the bike, SMX-1 R vented boots are the bomb diggity when it comes to versatility and protection, without the shin-high motorcycle boot style. These boots, which are really high-top shoes, provide plenty of protection without making it feel like your feet are in some sort of solitary confinement. You just step into comfort, hit the road or wear ‘em around town as they’re well-suited for all-day use.

1325743072_RDAlpinestarsSMX-1RVentedRidingBoots-1.jpg.0cfc195bc349accd5b53ee0c9af5a9a3.jpg

254138671_RDAlpinestarsSMX-1RVentedRidingBoots-2.jpg.fc12937cf2434ff58d0d8fe43a625ca7.jpg

A perforated, abrasion-resistant material is used on the sides and toebox of these boots while a flexible microfiber mesh material is fitted over the upper portions. The goal here is the delivery of copious quantities of cooling air as these are purpose-built hot weather riding boots. To protect these materials from excessive wear, thermoplastic polyurethane panels are fitted on the shifter area and all around the heel counter. For those of you that corner low, replaceable toe sliders are fitted as standard.

At the bottom, your feet will float on Alpinestars’ specification road-going rubber. This hard-wearing material keeps your feet firmly placed on the bike while permitting plenty of flexibility when you’re afoot around town. Further conspiring to provide a comfortable fit are the EVA foam and Lyrca-made footbeds above which a soft, anatomically-shaped liner pulls sweat and moisture off your feet.

1942843810_RDAlpinestarsSMX-1RVentedRidingBoots-3.jpg.a61f877dded9757ce2011124a76ed994.jpg

303308193_RDAlpinestarsSMX-1RVentedRidingBoots-4.jpg.bf4c7574d4cd5ac862edce4bdfd72bb0.jpg

Most convenient of all, there are no shoelaces to get caught in the chain here, just zip in and lock the simple Velcro closure that pushes your entire foot inside the boots in a secure, reliable manner.

465282627_RDAlpinestarsSMX-1RVentedRidingBoots-5.jpg.1795677f85e636d0c2a006aa96f2248f.jpg

Available in black as well as colored varieties, these boots will become a versatile part of your riding loadout!

You can order these gloves and take advantage of expert sizing advice by calling TJ on 866.931.6644 ext 817, sending us a PM or a note to forum@ridersdiscount.com with ALPINESTARS SMX-1R VENTED BOOTS in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Maiden voyage in the new kicks today.... They flow way more air than my old icon field armor and they're pretty comfortable. The sizing is a little odd and the cut is a little odd too, since you can't tighten the ankle adjustment...and I usually wear size 13 but I wear a 47 in these which I think is a 12. I've even worn them around the office today and they've been good for general walking too. Can't wait for them to break in just a hair. Overall would recommended them based on my limited use so far. 

Thanks for hooking it up @RidersDiscount!

• 1 month later...