Northern Ohio Ducati Triumph

F4iguy

6 hours ago, what said:

welcome to a world where only iron pony survives, on a throne of blood and bone laid by its overpaying customers

Ive heard Pony is about to lose their Indian franchise if they don't pull their heads out of their asses. Way too many complaints from the service department and I guess a Polaris Corp Rep stood in their showroom for over a half hour looking at and sitting on bikes ect and no one offered any assistance. That one pissed them off royal. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Ive heard Pony is about to lose their Indian franchise if they don't pull their heads out of their asses. Way too many complaints from the service department and I guess a Polaris Corp Rep stood in their showroom for over a half hour looking at and sitting on bikes ect and no one offered any assistance. That one pissed them off royal. 

I have consistently experienced this same "who gives a fuck" attitude at MANY gun shops, too. The sales people (and sometimes even the owners) couldn't care less that you have expressed interest in either a $2,000 pistol or a $20,000 moto.

Edited by SpecialEd

10 minutes ago, what said:

starbucks opened up across the street and stole all ducati north's customers. 

I thought Starbucks was only for 65 year old retired executives who ride Harleys and try to look like ex-cons.

3 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I thought Starbucks was only for 65 year old retired executives who ride Harleys and try to look like ex-cons.

Nope for Euro well to-dos. Either with their fully kitted R GS1250 Adventures wearing their Areostich suits that neither have never even seen a gravel parking lot neverless an off road scenario. 

or the Ducatista in their full Dainese  leathers and 3 inch chicken strips on their tires. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Nope for Euro well to-dos. Either with their fully kitted R GS1250 Adventures wearing their Areostich suits that neither have never even seen a gravel parking lot neverless an off road scenario. 

or the Ducatista in their full Dainese  leathers and 3 inch chicken strips on their tires. 

Spot-on and hilarious!

I always thought they had a balanced business, always saw customers lurking around. Sad to see the down trend. But I guess it is what it is. Motorcycling has its good days, manual cars had its glory times. Evolution and tech will inevitably overtake nostalgic romanticism. 

On a positive note Ktm oversells hardly bloatison bikes globally these days. 

If your buyer good times, And it’s a buyers market. Not just new used as well. Don’t go by the online estimates. Prices are rock bottom for motorcycles. :( 

7 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Selling a used bike is brutal right now.  You have about a 1 month window when spring hits, then prices drop fast.

Buy super low sell low(ish) has always been my moto. If I don't think I can break even in a year of ownership I walk. Unless it's something I know I'm buying for long term

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Buy super low sell low(ish) has always been my moto. If I don't think I can break even in a year of ownership I walk. Unless it's something I know I'm buying for long term

I bought my bike brand new... It's worth like 2-3k now, and it's been down once... After interest on the loan I paid like 11k for it total... I'll own this MF until I die 😂 I could never justify losing that much money on it... 

10 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

I bought my bike brand new... It's worth like 2-3k now, and it's been down once... After interest on the loan I paid like 11k for it total... I'll own this MF until I die 😂 I could never justify losing that much money on it... 

I broke dead even on the Z1000 and got a year of enjoyment out of it.  When I say even I mean taxes, upkeep and tags. Only thing that bike cost me was a performance award on blood mountain in GA. 

I came out way on top when I traded the Vstrom for the Connie. 

Wifes V Star cost us about $400 a year for 5 years. 

This Indian she now has  been a money pit that we will never get back. Probably already $2k in the hole on it.  But she says it's is a forever bike....we will see. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I must be the worst Ducati owner ever.  I have 3 of them.  I don't drink coffee, don't own any Dianese leather and have ridden all of them hard enough to have 1/2 inch chicken strips. I guess I will go hang my head in shame for not living up to expectations. 😁

FB_IMG_1547920484956.jpg

Photoshopped. Everyone knows all Docs have a cup holder for their Starbucks.

Are you wearing front or side armor under that suit? Not calling you fat, it just looks really uniform....not distorted by the wind.....

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Photoshopped. Everyone knows all Docs have a cup holder for their Starbucks.

Are you wearing front or side armor under that suit? Not calling you fat, it just looks really uniform....not distorted by the wind.....

Nope, fat fits.  My skin is so thick I don't know why I bother with leather.  :)  Gained a few after ordering the suit so it is nicely streamlined when wearing it.

how do you like your spartans btw? i'm going to be looking into a custom suit this winter i think - I remember spartan starting up on SVRider years ago, owner seemed pretty into it at the time. looking at the khazakstan/pakmanistan companies too like plus/comet since they offer some discounts. 

I have been happy with it so far.  The ability to add a couple custom measurements without the price of a full bespoke suit was very nice.  Have not crash tested it on pavement but it held up very well when I did some unintentional offroading with it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, Pauly said:

Duc guys can't ride. Everyone knows this. Just ask @Uncle Punk

Not gonna lie, when I see a brand new 1299 or v4 with brand new leathers, agv helmet, in novice, thats where my money is on whos going to wad their bike that day.

Unfortunately, I've been right more often than not.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not gonna lie, when I see a brand new 1299 or v4 with brand new leathers, agv helmet, in novice, thats where my money is on whos going to wad their bike that day.

Unfortunately, I've been right more often than not.

Oh, yeah. My money is always on Ricky Racer and his Italian Stallion.