Braking while leaned over.

Tonik

10 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but if you need to trail brake on the streets, you're riding too fast on the streets.

Is there even a question about that. Even our average “leisure” rides are too fast for the street   :lol:

No shit, we have all seen our math challenged friend on the street. Maybe it was a math thing and he didn't understand what the numbers on the speedo meant.

Edited by Tonik
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

If you're doing it just to keep the muscle memory/ keep your tool bag sharp for the unexpected, then I guess it's ok.

I really want to make it second nature and using it instinctual but for so many years been doing the policy of set entry speed without brake policy it’s a hard thing to learn. Old dog new tricks and stuff. But I believe it’s a very valuable tool to have and practice because it adds another layer of safety to this dangerous sport.

And since we initiate the whole process even before the actual corner entry it’s something we probably need to practice for every blind / new corner we ride into. Make a habit since most unexpected stuff happens mid corner or afterwards. Cant take it out of the bag of tools to implement afterwards. 

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1