Back In the Saddle...

Phreon

I haven't posted here in a long time. Life and all that crap. The bike needed work, etc.  Then May a year ago, I had triple spinal fusion surgery in my neck. I was completely unprepared for how long it took to get back to anything more or less, "normal"

Healing, out of shape, blah, blah, blah.  I've taken a few rides this year, but they were short, 50 miles or less. I figured I was "feeling out" how I felt.  Today, I got up and thought "f**k it", cleaned up, got the gear together, got the bike out and headed west.  Cincinnati to Clifty Falls State Forest via Versailles, and back, no Interstate. 164 miles round trip. On the Vulcan 500. Bug platters on the helmet, a welt on my neck from whatever the hell flew into it at 60 MPH.

Aside from being stiff here and there and despite a nice gel pad, my ass hurting, I'm in decent shape. I've been off the two wheels for way, too long. It's good to be back.

Stupid question, does the rump toughen up or am I just old?

Edited by Phreon