For sale: Nerf® Rival XVIII-500

Tonik

15 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Struggling with how an exhaust component can have any bearing on oil performance. 

The story was "If" your gas engine burns an excessive amount of oil. The additives they put in the old T6 formula could clog your Cat and or leave deposits on your O2 sensors. They have since then changed the formula and is now API SM rated. I even read where they are working on changing it again to make it API SN rated. But most fear that would make them increase the price due to needing extra refinement. 

Edited by 2talltim

lol, and now for something entirely different... I change mine when it's dirty or no longer has viscosity. You can see that if you look. So I like oils that hold their viscosity and filters that filter longer. Exceptions are if I decide to ride off for a thousand or two miles, I'll change before I go. In Ohio, I changed before storing in the Winter with cheap oil, and again in the Spring with good oil. Or just once in the Winter with good oil for a year.

There's always contaminants in used oil, so it's not good to just let it sit over the Winter.

35 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Struggling with how an exhaust component can have any bearing on oil performance. 

Other way around, high phosphorous oil ruins catalytic converters. But you would have to be passing a metric shit ton of oil past your rings before that would happen. And fuck Tim for ruining my fun.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Other way around, high phosphorous oil ruins catalytic converters. But you would have to be passing a metric shit ton of oil past your rings before that would happen. And fuck Tim for ruining my fun.

Brand new bike, uses no perceivable amount of oil. Also fucked cat = excuse to put a full system on. 

4 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Brand new bike, uses no perceivable amount of oil. Also fucked cat = excuse to put a full system on. 

How does having sex with a cat translate into an excuse for an exhaust system upgrade? I was never very good at biology . . . or, for that matter, beastiality.

32 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

How does having sex with a cat translate into an excuse for an exhaust system upgrade? I was never very good at biology . . . or, for that matter, beastiality.

I dont have time to teach you the basics man, fucking google it. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Or English it would appear.

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Or English it would appear.

Okay. Bestiality.

I'm a bit distracted. Shooting squirrels with a Nerf gun through the kitchen window.

Edited by SpecialEd

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So also not good at killing squirrels.

It's an experiment in classical conditioning. I'm trying to teach them to stay off the cardinal feeder (upper left in the photo, red in color.) Sort of a "summer school" for the loveable rodents; they need to learn about respecting the property of others. This is how I spend my summers . . .

I have found that Smirnoff Citrus vodka helps me aim better. It's not at all about enjoyment; just another tool.

Edited by SpecialEd

40 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So also not good at killing squirrels.

This is not yer kid's olde skool sponge-tipped dart shooter. This gun hurls 25mm ball ammo at 90 fps. Not enough to kill, but certainly enough impact to give the squirrels pause before they mount and molest the red feeder again.

Edited by SpecialEd

51 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Squirrels won't stop. The hunger drive of the rodent is all-consuming. 

35 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yea, my money is on the squirrels for quite a few reasons.

Preliminary results suggest you both may be correct.

As I indicated in an earlier post, mine is an attempt to apply both Skinner's and Pavlov's findings regarding classical conditioning to a relatively simple personal scenario, i.e., invasive squirrels. Thusfar, I have noted a marked reluctance, on the part of a regular cohort of squirrels living in my back yard trees, to attempt to mount the cardinal feeder and consume the sunflower seeds within, after a period of approximately one month wherein the offenders were subjected to various body shots with the Nerf® gun from an average engagement distance of ~10 feet. 

Initially, the squirrels were brazen, returning repeatedly to feed within minutes of successful engagement with the gun (head and body contact with projectiles.) Currently, I have noticed behavior on the part of the rodents indicating a heightened sensitivity to the visual and audatory cues which have preceded the gunfire, e.g., flinching and stutter steps when I approach the window, and the sound of my wood floors creaking as I walk to grab the gun, etc. Often, this is enough to send them packing. However, if I leave the house for even half an hour, I inevitably arrive home to see one of two of the scoundrels on the feeder.

In addition, I have noted on a few occasions that squirrels will approach the feeder, pause momentarily as if weighing this risk/reward scenario, then "decide" to bail--before I have made any sort on motion to engage them.

I agree that the drive for nutrition is a strong one; we'll see how this all plays out once I'm no longer here each day to monitor them because of school.

Edited by SpecialEd

14 minutes ago, Tonik said:

You are dramatically underestimating the intelligence and organizational skills of the squirrels.

https://cybersquirrel1.com

On the face of it, these data are, in fact, daunting, though the veracity of the source is, at best, questionable.

In the interest of scientific inquiry, I welcome elaboration regarding your comment in a previous post of the "quite a few reasons" why you feel the squirrels will prevail in my scenario.

Edited by SpecialEd

43 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

On the face of it, these data are, in fact, daunting, though the veracity of the source is, at best, questionable.

In the interest of scientific inquiry, I welcome elaboration regarding your comment in a previous post of the "quite a few reasons" why you feel the squirrels will prevail in my scenario.

The source is rock solid, I know the peeps behind it. They have actually testified before Congress on their findings. They certainly don't have every power outage attributable to squirrels counted, but the 3 attributable to humans is accurate. 

As for my quite a few reasons......

1. In all of recorded history no one has beaten the squirrels without a real gun.

2. The squirrels have 24/7. They don't have to go to work for example.

3. They are far more motivated than you. This is a game to you, it's life or death for them.

4. They are smarter than you.

At some point, soon, you are going to lose power at your house. You have been warned.

Edited by Tonik

11 minutes ago, Tonik said:

The source is rock solid, I know the peeps behind it. They have actually testified before Congress on their findings. They certainly don't have every power outage attributable to squirrels counted, bit the 3 attributable to humans is accurate. 

As for my quite a few reasons......

1. In all of recorded history no one has beaten the squirrels without a real gun.

2. The squirrels have 24/7. They don't have to go to work for example.

3. They are far more motivated than you. This is a game to you, it's life or death for them.

4. They are smarter than you.

At some point, soon, you are going to lose power at your house. You have been warned.

. . . . . . Ah, fuck it. 

Nerf® Rival XVIII-500 for sale. New condition. First $10 takes it. Includes 50 rounds of 25mm ammo. Fuck the fucking squirrelz.

I'm drunk and in desparate need of Chinese food; maybe chop suey--a totally American dish.

Edited by SpecialEd