Earplugs for rididng

EmRach199

I'm just curious what you guys use or if you use hearing protection at all. I've been having some trouble with my hearing and tried foam earplugs and other stuff that I watched in FortNine's video. They don't seem to work for me because I have narrow ear canals and the plugs just irritate them. I'm planning to get custom-fitted earplugs that I saw from Youtube. Here's the link to the product. They have partnered with an audiologist here in Columbus that's why I'm pretty confident to purchase a pair but they are a bit pricey. Do you know an audiologist where I can get fitted plugs for cheaper price? Well, maybe...just maybe.

Thank you in advance

I use expensive Westone earpieces (got a huge discount through work), but before those I used these earfuze and I really liked them.

https://www.earfuze.com/

You don't have to get ones with earbuds, they sell them without so you can mold just earplugs.

Laser Lite plugs...

@Tonik introduced me to them and I had used a variety of other before. These never get uncomfortable and expand relatively quickly. I've shared them with some friends at concerts and they have all really liked them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XJOLG

39 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Laser Lite plugs...

@Tonik introduced me to them and I had used a variety of other before. These never get uncomfortable and expand relatively quickly. I've shared them with some friends at concerts and they have all really liked them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XJOLG

We have boxes of those at my work :lol: they are corded though 

Also, some helmets are really good at knocking the noise down. At least while they are new, and fit correctly. Some helmets don't do much at all. There's two types of noise, the engine/road noise and the "wind in the helmet" noise. Most cheap or moderate priced helmets don't seem to deal with the wind very well.

I bought a new Bell helmet, and found it didnt need earplugs. Not quite as good, but close enough.

I've got Etymotic for general riding and all around ear protection. Use them at concerts, secondary to muffs while shooting, short trips on the motorcycle, etc. Great all around plug I think, and inexpensive.

I've got a second pair of no name over the ear type ear buds similar to the Etymotic that I use for distance trips, I have them connected to my police radar and gps so I can get audible signals from both and still have ear protection. My Garmin may or may not have Sirius XM playing as a background noise.

I've also got a pair of the Bose Quietcomfort 20 with the noise cancelling that I use on airplanes to drown out the white noise. They work amazing and I really thought they'd be a winner on the motorcycle, but the noise cancelling is too sensitive to the wind noise I guess and they pop and make a lot of noise.

• 1 month later...