2020 Ford Mustang shelby GT500

serpentracer

1 minute ago, Steve Butters said:

Hell no, it's base price. ZR1 vette starts at 120k for the 2019 model. Stupid comparison to make. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's about what I expected. Sixty grand? Uh, no. I'd still prefer the Mustang.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, NinjaDoc said:

Great car. And Some Brave spectators standing close there. 

4 hours ago, serpentracer said:

I was trying a subtle stereotype sarcasm of mustangs and people on the side line like cars and coffee. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I was trying a subtle stereotype sarcasm of mustangs and people on the side line like cars and coffee. :D

Cars, coffee, and the likelihood of a quick, violent transformation into roadkill 💀

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 7:03 AM, Steve Butters said:

Hell no, it's base price. ZR1 vette starts at 120k for the 2019 model. Stupid comparison to make. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actual performance data isn't out yet, but just because it has more HP doesn't mean it's faster.  And there's no way the ford will beat the corvette on the track.  Take the 2019 Porsche 911 for example.  It's a 370 HP engine that runs 0-60 in 4 seconds.  Then the 2020 GT500 with 760 HP runs 0-60 in "mid 3 second range" because they haven't disclosed the exact number.  That's not a big difference considering it's less than half the horsepower.  I'm willing to bet in a comparison of 0-100-0 times, the Porsche 911 would destroy the GT500.  Corvette is similarly lighter weight and much more stable.  Or course the aftermarket for an LS2 is already crazy populated.  So to increase the HP on the Corvette wouldn't be hard at all.  

I'm a "ford guy" myself, but given the choice I'd take the new Corvette over the GT500.  But I'd also take the Ford GT over the Corvette.

• Upvote 1

You still don't compare the top of the line trim versus bottom of the barrel trim. Also, a GT500 would smoke a base model corvette around any track. It's not even meant to compete with such a cheap car. Also why the Ford GT shouldn't be in the same discussion as a base model corvette and a gt500 lol.... That's the point I was making... A 60k vette won't hold a candle to the GT500 under any performance circumstance. Does GM make badass fast corvettes? Yes. But not for 60k. You ever go look at a base model vette? You sacrifice a lot more than just horsepower. Everything on those damn things is an option lol