Mr. and Mrs. Tonik's 2019 excellent adventure.

Tonik

So Thunder Bay to Sault Ste. Marie is freaking amazing. I have never done the northern side before despite living a large part of my life in Michigan. Non stop 75 mph sweepers for 400 miles through some of the most breathtaking scenery I have seen. You do have to plan your gas stops, or at least pay attention to gas, but it isn't bad. 

Fuck the Gap, I am coming back here.

IMG_20190726_175433.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

This is a cool pic. Is that you and Mrs. Tonik at the left edge of the Wing's windshield?

Nope, we stayed with the bike to avoid paying for a pass.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Home. 3798 wonderful miles. Except Winnipeg. Fuck Winnipeg.

What's not to like in Winnipeg? It's Canada's answer to the UP.

Welcome home to a well-deserved rest. Parenthetically I, like Deb, hate crossing bridges.

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Traffic and red lights up the ass. And no decent food it would appear.

So, what's for dinner at the Tonik homestead this evening? No fancy surf and turf, I'm certain.Take-out and/or just a coupla drinks, unpack, and so to bed?.

Just now, SpecialEd said:

So, what's for dinner at the Tonik homestead this evening? No fancy surf and turf, I'm certain.Take-out and/or just a coupla drinks, unpack, and so to bed?.

Spaghetti sauce from a jar. You sure do seem concerned about my diet.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Spaghetti sauce from a jar. You sure do seem concerned about my diet.

I'm 5'11", 185 pounds, and love to cook/eat. Not obsessed with you, yer diet, or anything else. If I were in your situation, I would, however, have substituted the spago sauce for a couple of cocktails and cook an absolutely heroic breakfast tomorrow morning.

Edited by SpecialEd

2 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

I'm 5'11", 185 pounds, and love to cook/eat. Not obsessed with you, yer diet, or anything else. If I were in your situation, I would, however, have substituted the spago sauce for a couple of cocktails and cook an absolutely heroic breakfast tomorrow morning.

Can't do that, if I skip meals it kills me...feel really crappy.

Check out my new shoes that were waiting for me. Limited edition Clark's Wallabee Wu Wear.

IMG_20190727_185948.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Can't do that, if I skip meals it kills me...feel really crappy.

Check out my new shoes that were waiting for me. Limited edition Clark's Wallabee Wu Wear.

IMG_20190727_185948.jpg

Wu as in Wu Tang?

Yeah, I have to eat regularly too. Not diabetic, but no fat reserves. I get headaches if I skip meals. Only exception is evenings--a few drinks, followed by something to eat. Then bed.

Just now, SpecialEd said:

Wu as in Wu Tang?

Yeah, I have to eat regularly too. Not diabetic, but no fat reserves. I get headaches if I skip meals. Only exception is evenings--a few drinks, followed by something to eat. Then bed.

Same, headaches.

Yes, Wu Tang.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Same, headaches.

Yes, Wu Tang.

Here's to a good night's sleep for you and the missus. Epic Moto trip! Thanks for sharing all the pics and your usual entertaining travel narrative with us.