Weird One: Shop for Model A Tire Mounting?

Agent3012

Okay, I have a weird question to ask here: Anyone know of a motorcycle shop in northeast Ohio that handles tire mounting that would be able to mount the tires on hubs for a 1929 Fore Model A?

The regular car shops don't want anything to do with the old car, so since the tall, thin tires with an innertube are closer to a motorcycle anyway, I figured I'd check on this side of the service fence.

FOelsei.jpg

13 hours ago, Agent3012 said:

Okay, I have a weird question to ask here: Anyone know of a motorcycle shop in northeast Ohio that handles tire mounting that would be able to mount the tires on hubs for a 1929 Fore Model A?

The regular car shops don't want anything to do with the old car, so since the tall, thin tires with an innertube are closer to a motorcycle anyway, I figured I'd check on this side of the service fence.

Did they have tire changers in 1929? try a farmer or place that mounts tractor tires?

X001-Y002.jpg

Edited by motocat12

Since it was a million degrees here yesterday and humid AF, I went online and researched this ancient tire thing. I found several shops that do this around the U.S., but nothing advertised locally. You may end up having to ship tire and rim to get this done.

BTW, you may encounter resistance if you don't buy the tire(s) from the mounting shop doing the job, and they're pretty pricey, i.e., several hundred bux each.

Edited by SpecialEd